Saturday, February 11, 2012

Talking with God recently.....


As i have been spending more and more time talking with God recently, he brought me to a profound (to me) conclusion. I realized just recently what true love really is. I recently saw an ex girlfriend (whom i really love) with her new boyfriend and her kids and realized its similar to the love God has for us. Its ok for me to still love her and not be upset that she does not love me back the way I want. I would love for the love to be returned but it does not diminish my feelings for her if she does not feel the same as I do. This is how God gets treated all the time by all of us. He loves us more than we deserve yet He sees us with other "loves" whether its in human form, material possesions or whatever. These things we can "love" and yet God still loves us the same. I am so blessed to be living closer to God than I ever have before and so nice to have a daily walk and talk with Him. He has shown me so much already and I'm sure its just the tip of the iceberg. I cannot wait to see where He leads me with the people at Cross Timbers as I try to figure out where and when I will be serving Him there.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home