Monday, May 15, 2006

Back on Track

Well this past week was an interesting one. I have been on a health and fitness kick of sorts since January of this year. Since Jan. 5th (which just so happens to be a great friends birthday) I have went from 254 lbs down to the amazing 227....have been as low as 224 before last week but that is what made last week interesting. Last week I did not eat any more than normal.....just for some reason was so lacking in energy for the biggest part of the week.....Sunday morning i awoke @ 2:15ish AM I guess it was (thanks Vicki from GA.....glad you could remember to call me at such a nice hour :P) and after getting off the phone with her inebriated self.......of course....I was wide awake. I decided this would be a great time to go out to my land and future homesite and hang out. As I was leaving out of my driveway the bonus round kicked in....lightning in the distance. Thats one of my favorite things to do is watch a storm roll in,by or off.....even being IN the storm is cool but they are so awe inspiring when viewed from a distance...the banks of clouds being lit up brilliantly ...At the wonderful time of 4 am I pull into my driveway to where I hope to be building within a month or two. Get out and let me eyes get adjusted to the darkness and walk out to the $7000 dirt pile upon which my house will soon sit. Being the "smartest person alive" as I am i forgot to being a lawnchair so I lay out on the cool sand of the housepad and watch the light show. God , as usual, put on the most awesome display of pyrotechnics.......He must be part Chinese. :P Anyway after a few strolls around in the semi-dark on my 4.75 acres attentively listening to the birds trying to wake the world up, I realize that I for SURE cannot wait now to get started building out here. Its land that my grandfather on my moms side once owned so it will always be with me. So relaxing hearing the birds calling the sun.....hearing the frogs in my pond nearby......so I break this relaxing moment by heading back to town around daybreak and hit the track at about 5:55 am. On Sunday morning. On Mothers Day. Imagine that...I am the only one here lol. I decided I would time myself walking the mile then the next lap jogging it.....managed a 12+ minute mile walking and right at a 8 minute mile jogging. I need to work on that time some but still not bad for someone weighing in at 227 lbs.....actually I weighed less but after my jog/walk.....did I ever mention theres a Daylight Donuts about a block from my townhome?........that thing was calling me something fierce Sunday morning after that walk/jog. Lets just say 10 glazed donuts later I manage to close the box.....now mind you I do not normally eat much in the way of sweets......sometimes a dozen donut HOLES........I think I should have gotten them instead. The sugar high seemed to want to cause my head some pain later that day......and my arms....and my legs.....I doubt I will be doing THAT again anytime soon.

But I am back on track now. I did my full workout today for first time in a few days and just got back from the track and my normal 3 miles instead of cutting it short and only doing two......might even go do what I call 7 miles of hell sometime this week if it doesnt rain. Its a mountain bike trail out by Pat Mayse lake north of town that a friend built. Lets just say it makes a heck of a walking/hiking trail. There has also been a bald eagle out there a few times so hopefully when I DO get my new Kodak digital camera I can get some great pics. Glad to be back on track and hopefully won't be tempted to skip my workouts anymore......now if I could get those donuts out of my mind.....

_________________________________
Friends...dictionary.com explains it as
A person whom one knows, likes, and trusts.
A person whom one knows; an acquaintance.
A person with whom one is allied in a struggle or cause; a comrade.
One who supports, sympathizes with, or patronizes a group, cause, or movement.

Does not say anything in there about wanting to date....wanting to screw around with.....its someone KNOWN ....someone LIKED ...and someone TRUSTED.....seems the word LIKE means to find someone pleasant or attractive.......Seems I would LIKE to befriend this person but this person takes it as MORE. Seems there is a wine named for this situation, right dandelionwishes ? Anyway guess I may have to abandon the friendship if it continues to make other things difficult for me. I do not need difficulty.....do not WANT difficulty at this point. I just want to be friends. Whats really sad is I cannot link this to the person who needs to read it :
______________________________
Prayers....I would not normally ask this and I am sure there are not a lot who read this but if you do please say a prayer for a couple of friends of mine, namely Kim and Vanessa, as both of these lovely laides will be having a hysterectomy and mastectomy respectively. I believe Kim goes Wednesday for hers and Vanessa is in a few weeks. Anyway if you could just mention them in your prayers I am sure they would appreciate it as would I. They are great people in such different ways.

Time for work now.....all you people seem to keep buying these Campbell Soup and Pace products so we have to keep making new ones to replace the ones you buy....TYVM for your business. :D

BKS

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could it be a Conundrum?
Great post today ... I love watching the storms too!

5:55 AM  
Blogger BKS said...

That just might be the one ;) haha

BKS

6:52 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Seems that perhaps she is only acting on what she hears, no?

8:56 AM  
Blogger BKS said...

Maybe so but maybe what is heard is not what is said so best way to nip that is not to say anything I guess lol

BKS

9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the prayers everyone. At home and doing well. 10 days out from surgery... Thanks Brad....your a great friend.....facepaint and all.

6:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home