Thursday, December 24, 2009

Integrity

Been a few days away from my book "No More Excuses" but this mornings chapter is regrding integrity. Integrity is defined as a steadfast adherance to a strict moral or ethical code. As a Christian this is very important. We all can be outwardly upstanding citizens when we know people are watching but its what we stand for when noone else can see that makes up a good integrity.The example Bro. Evns gives in the book is Daniel. We all know Daniel in the lions den story. But that was in Daniels later years AFTER he became such a great leader in the government. He had been a faithful believer with hardly a blemish all the years before that. Not many in their lifetimes can say they have half the integrity of Daniel.

I have struggled with my own integrity a lot in recent years. I know HOW to maintain it but I sometimes am weak and falter when it comes down to it and thats simply a case of not trusting God in EVERYTHING. I have given in to temptation in my relationships and had sex outside of marraige even though I knew it was not pleasing to God. I have taken things from my workplace even though I am hardly too poor to afford them. I am far from perfect but I am striving each day to make myself a more faithful follower and struggling with letting God take me and use me however He will. I am slowly learning to not allow outside forces to control me. I am slow to allow Him to work in me but His light is shining through a bit more each week. This week has been extra rough as I was struggling with a person from my past and realized if I was having to struggle THAT hard is it really worth it? I compromised my integrity several times by giving in to things in the past but I feel I am seeing more clearly now and am ready for whatever God wants of me. Continue to pray for me as I struggle with this as we ALL come short of the glory of God but if we strive to lead by example and believe in Him we WILL have everlasting life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home