Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Looking inward

I have begun what seems to be a very good book through the first two chapters. It i written by Tony Evans and is titled "No More Excuses:Be The Man God Wants You to Be". I always have made excuses. No denying that. I have always done it since I was a kid. I am "good" at lying. I can come up with an excuse out of the blue that is 100% fabricated and have the ability to not only make others believe it, even I start to think that might have been the way it happened after a while. Sad but true. I repeat a story enough times, its like it really happened. I have lied to my boss to cover for my employees. I have lied to police officers to get out of trouble. I have lied to ladies I have dated for various reasons. I have trouble sometimes recalling what is fact and what has been fabricated. Sometimes I have THOUGHT something and actually BELIEVED it to be true. Such as I may have THOUGHT I told someone something when actually it was just a thought in my head and was never spoken. This is a trait thats common among introverts I have read. This is a result of the introverts thinking process of going over and over stuff they want to say in their head and after so long they might actually think they spoke the words when actually the thoughts are still locked in their brains. This is NOT an excuse. This is an exercise in trying to find out why I act and react the way I do to certain situations and just trying to make myself be the person God wants me to be.

For the ones I have hurt, I apologize. Words on a screen but meant from the heart.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home