Friday, May 26, 2006

My non green thumb...

Sometime either this evening or this weekend I have got to get some grass seed planted on this one spot of eroded clay. Now to get this grass seed to grow the soil needs some help....ok it needs a lot of help. I have gotten several bags of manure and peat moss ready to till into this area to hopefully loosen this soil up enough to quickly help these bermuda grass seeds to germinate and take root. I have just under 5 acres out there and planning on one day having something growing on all of it.....no pasture land in other words. Thats about a mile away at my other 15 acres(my part of the 45 acres and I might buy my brothers parts out someday) Anyone have any tips on soil prep? I have read so much info online my head hurts....I over-research things too often. Google is indeed my friend.

------------------------------------------------
Priced the Stihl brand weed-eater I plan on using.....well kinda priced it.....I know its in the $400 range.....4 stroke and so powerful....I love powerful things......Tim Allen MIGHT be my dad (I havent a clue how to spell his grunting so insert your own sound effect here) I have always been the type to spend MORE money on something that will last basically forever instead of buying the cheaper version and replacing it every few years....maybe why I am still single also....looking for the one that will last forever....I dont plan on replacing her when I find her. ;)
------------------------------------------------
Back to the green thumb topic.....my mom can grow ANYTHING. She has so many flowerbeds.....I really should get some of her pics scanned or go ahead and buy that Kodak digicam I have had my eye on and bypass the need for a scanner lol. Anyway she has some of the most beautiful plants around. I cannot wait until getting my house built and starting the flower gardens/orchards/rock gardens (I think even I can grow a rock garden) I will get plenty of pics of that progression of events over the next few years.....Most likely the orchard part will start this fall when the weather cools off....and being in NE Texas that means November lol.
_______________________________
BKS

2 Comments:

Blogger BKS said...

Yeah my old sony mavica has about had it lol.

BKS

4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

2:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home