Wednesday, May 24, 2006

News that you dont mind getting awoken for

Friend of mine (ok ex g/f from my HS days) called earlier. (Ok she was my first g/f ) You know how sometimes someone will CLAIM to dial the wrong number then try to play it off.....well from the silence on the other end when I answered I KNOW she actually did hit the wrong button. ANYWAY Kathy had been diagnosed with cancer several years ago. She had lived a hard life.....lots of drugs...not talking marijuana or prescription drug abuse here either. They had taken their toll on her and left her body so weak. She is roughly 5'5" or 5'6" and about a year ago I saw her and talked to her face to face for the first time in probably 7-8 years. This once GORGEOUS young lady with such a nice body ....weighed LESS than 100 lbs.....she was so tiny and almost frail. We talked for a long time that night and on the phone for a while after this. I told her I would be praying for her.....and did....many many times. She was saved a few months back (one of yet so MANY answered prayers) and has such a completely different outlook on life now. She (last time she called before this) said she was so proud of having a belly again, she was up to 140ish lbs. God works in soooo many ways. Cancer is in remission for the most part now, she sounds so alive on the phone. I know that NOONE here who ever reads this blog will ever truly KNOW Kathy but please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.....she has come so far and still has a daily struggle. Once those drugs get a hold of you its is so hard to get away from them. She has been 100% clean for a long time now and has God in her life but no matter who we are we can always use a prayer.
_______________
OK onward and upward.....another young lady I dated along about that same time period.....ok a few years after Kathy....has been in touch with me off and on for I guess a year now. She lives not even 35 miles I guess from me. She has two GORGEOUS kids. She finally gave in to my incessant charm (OK I kept bugging her about it) and we are finally going to have lunch this weekend sometime. I have shared some of my poems with her (do all women just SAY they love poetry?) and have read some of hers. We have such different styles of writing and such different subjects but I do enjoy reading hers.....trying to get her to blog more but a single mom with two kids......she blogs when she can. I am sure NONE of you can relate can ya? Anyway wish her luck (say a prayer for her too.....my sarcastic sense of humor might be too much for her so I will have to keep that in check for now).....I might even see if she minds me posting her pic....such a beautiful young lady she is. Heck might even get a shot of us together. I used to HATE having my pic made and now I LOOK for ways to get in them. Now when I walk in front of strangers to get in the pic.....they kinda get upset but I keep looking in FHM magazine to see if I made it yet. (will see how many FHM readers we have now)
______________________
HNT.....last week I cheated (as so many do) and posted on Wednesday night before I left for work. I will play FAIR and post as soon as I get off work Thursday morning around 7:20ish....I am sure all are eagerly awaiting this weeks edition right? (why is there an echo?)
______________________
Joke of the day sent to me by a great friend just across the river in Oklahoma....(stop singing the song now!!!) I am hoping to meet this friend for lunch sometime within the next few weeks also. (another prayer for her)
------
Where did the one legged waitress find the perfect job???? IHOP!!!!

....now compared to the FIRST joke this young lady sent (She's still young even though shes older than I.....or so she said) this was an AWESOME joke.....Dianna has come a long way with her jokes since we have been talking lol....careful coaching and I might even coax a dirty joke out of her yet.
___________________
Hope everyone is doing well after their trips and getting ready for their trips (you know who you are) and hope everyone remembers the holiday this weekend and WHO the holiday is for. Best wishes and hugs to those who want them. (((((HUG)))))

BKS

1 Comments:

Blogger Robyn said...

ah LOLOL Ihop! Thats great hehe. =)
Well I've already replied to most of this on myown blog's comment section but I'll repeat it here. =)
I'm so happy to hear about your friend.. I'm glad god has seen her through it all and is letting her get on with life. And I will think of your other friend as well. =)
And yes.. all women love poetry hehe. =)
Oh yea... posting wed. night is considered cheating?> well then lol I'm a big fat cheater cuz I always post on wed. night and just change the date so that it says it's thursday hehe.

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home