Friday, May 19, 2006

Tomorrow is ARMED FORCES DAY



__________________________
Armed Forces Day is tomorrow, Saturday May 20th. Please if anyone knows someone in the armed forces (or even if you don't)take the time to thank them in some way. Even if it is in prayer. They do an awesome job of defending our country and while you may or may not agree with the situation they are in over in the middle east right now they are doing their job. You see the casualty numbers continue to climb but until you KNOW one of them it really does not hit home. These are basically children out there protecting all of us older adults. I never served in any of the armed forces but many of my relatives have and I am proud to say that if it had not been for them and the millions of others like them we would not have as many freedoms today. They have done such a great job we should set aside more days to honor them. Take a soldier to lunch day.....mow a soldiers lawn day.....anything we can do to honor these kids we should be proud to do it. How many of the rest of us would be willing to walk into a battle zone not knowing whether we would come out alive...if the guy next to us would make it out....Its easy to say you might but I have had guns pointed at me on a couple of occasions and its not a good feeling....and no not talking about a officer pointing a gun during a traffic stop.....I have been in the woods and hear a bullet zing by....if you ever hear this really close by its a sound you will remember for a while and most likely hear for a while. I am not a hunter but have shot quite a few different kinds of guns.....it is amazing the power of some of these weapons that can be bought so cheaply. Anyway getting off topic a bit so I guess its time for a new one.
_____________________________
Poems....now so many people laugh when you say you write poems....especially if you are 5'9 and 220ish. I am not what most people would think of as the poet type I guess. I would love to one day get all these poems gathered up and maybe put them into some kind of book form but for now I will just share them occasionally with you here. I don't spend a lot of time writing them and even less time changing them...what you see most times is the first and final draft....maybe changing a word or two here or there. I am constantly trying to think of poetic lines while driving my forklift at work....about any and everything.....some girl I just met.....the funny looking guy who handed me my dinner at the drive thru ( I never claimed to eat healthy)...my truck.....yes I wrote a poem about my truck lol. Heck lets just take a look at THAT masterpiece.

Yukon

Black and oh so sexy
Just sitting there in the drive
Lowered just the right amount
Just makes me come alive

The moment the engine fires
such a deep and beautiful tone
Nothing can compare to her
In her, I am like king on his throne.

Soft supple leather seating
Several hundred watts of power
Every road trip in this beast
Should last just one more hour

I cannot get enough of her
I drive and drive all day
Trade black beauty in some day?
No you know the answers "No WAY"

Wheels of polished aluminum by Boyds
Nitto the name on the tires
Just driving this awesome machine
Re-lights those childhood fires

Those many hours with hot wheels
Rolling upon the floors of home
Who would have thought yours truly
would write of this in a poem.

Its like the hot wheels grew up one day
and parked themselves in the drive
As long as the kid in me stays young
These "hot wheels" keep me alive.

I will continue the collection as long
as the good Lord continues to bless
And maybe one day someone else
Will enjoy the accelerator's press

Enjoy the roar of the smallblock Chevy
As I have through the years
Nothing like seeing this black beauty shine
After waxing her while drinking some beers.
__________________________

I never claimed to be a GOOD poet.....but then again I share some of the sillier ones here......dont encourage me or I will break out the tear jerkers. :D

Everyone have a great weekend.....I gotta go enjoy that WHITE beauty now.....more about her NEXT friday.....Did I ever mention I love trucks?

BKS

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boy's and their toy's! ;)

Great poem

7:35 PM  
Blogger BKS said...

Thanks for the kind words.....I wrote a poem about a boys toys and you include pics of a boy who is treated as a toy it seems lol...

BKS

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home