Saturday, July 08, 2006

Catnaps, HNTs, and hearts full of wine

I got off work Saturday morning with the intention of getting a quick nap in and getting up and getting some things done I have been putting off. Well the best laid plans of mice and men.....you know the rest. I awoke bright and early at 4 pm......not awake early as planned. I very seldom set an alarm. I can (don't ask how) usually awaken within a certain time frame without using one of these devices. Today I did not......actually I did awaken at 10ish long enough to look at the clock but rolled onto my back and drifted back to sleep. I did manage to get the lawn mower loaded up and got my new grass mowed. Its coming along nicely.....yes I did take the digicam and yes I did run out of daylight before I was able to get some pics of the progress. I also managed to finally get the oil changed in the truck. I have about reached the 75% sure-I-will-try-to-sell-it-mark so I might go ahead and list it for sale next week. I have too many projects I want to get started on and it would really make sense to go ahead and sell it. Surely some of these spoiled kids in town can talk their dads into buying this truck for them right? Also got the grass watered really well even though we did finally get about a 1 1/2" rain last week. It's so dry you cannot even tell it now.
------------------
I mentioned it at the end of my comments from the previous HNT but got to thinking....WTH goes back and re-reads MY old comments? So anyway I do think I will continue participating in HNT for now although I might be taking a short break. Main reason being I am not one to take a pic of a shadow that noone in their right mind can make hide nor hair of. So many of these get done and thats cool if thats what the person wants to do , but I will not. I feel like if I cannot do something that might make someone smile....or make them laugh..... or even make them compliment me (we all love compliments right?) then why should I waste MY time OR yours? So no pics by candlelight of the bottom of the tip of my toe will be used in this here blog. I am also planning on making Fridays my " Share A Poem" day......I do hope some of you will stop by and give your HONEST opinion. If it sucks...let me know. If it makes you laugh.....tell me. If it makes you cry.....I would love to hear about it. If it makes you want to shoot me.....I would really appreciate it if you just wing me a little instead of a direct hit to the heart. At any rate the number and address listed for me is no longer valid so please do not come drive by shooting. :D
______________
Since I did not post a poem this past Friday and its only Sunday morning now maybe I should go ahead and get caught up.....I did sleep all day so I won't be sleeping anytime soon.

Alone
As I sit here alone in my room
With nothing around me but remnants of you
Why do I feel so alive, so warm
As if a weight has been lifted, worries few.
Why did you leave me, I asked myself now
Was it so bad we could not work it out?
All I know is whats done is done
I cannot, I WILL not sit here and pout.
So many lives around me, waiting to find
the love I have bottled up, aging like wine
Problem with that is, the longer it sits
The cork gets harder and harder to lift.
As wine, do I want to use this with HER?
Will there be another more special one
to share it with, to serve it to
She may not even like it once its been opened.
Hating to take the chance it might not please
I leave the cork in, pushing deeper in
As it gets older the love gets more value
When will I ever share it again?
Love like wine can spoil with age
Wine on a shelf ,love in a heart
Unused they are like ornaments
once they are opened, they so soon depart.
Sharing of wine like sharing of love
can lead so many places, journeys
And another sad thing is often so true
They can both lead to riches for attorneys.
--------------------------------
You never know what a bottle of wine thats been sitting on a shelf for many years will be like once it is opened. The same goes for hearts. So many hearts go unused other than to pulse life through the arteries of their bodies. Then when it comes time to open them up and share them, we so often find that they have sat for so long that they are acrid or bitter. How does one approach a wine or a heart thats been on the shelf for a while? Either one is a gamble to be sure. Both can be so pleasant if consumed properly. I truly believe that wine as well as hearts have a lifespan. I sometimes think mine has been shelved for too long sometimes. Every once in a while someone comes along and gets a glimpse of what it might be hiding. Should I open the "bottle" and pour her a "glass"? Or should I let this "bottle" sit on the shelf until the RIGHT one comes along. What if the right one comes along too late and she finds the cork has been pulled? So many questions.....so few answers. Anyone care to share a glass ? I can go get the corkscrew........if its the heart you are after please bring your own corkscrew as only YOU can open IT.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brad

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

BKS/Gem

A raft on the raging sea of life
tossed to and fro from the storms
always rebounding and topping the waves
plunging into the depths as it transforms,
as the sea reshapes a raft
time shall reform a heart
may it shine so bright
be so true
as life given anew.
pray that God may tether
in the midst of stormy weather
a heart so blue.

God bless u and hold u near and guide ur raft to calmer seas... wonderful blog, thank u so much...luvs ya

1:18 AM  
Blogger Robyn said...

I love the last line of it. =)

And I'm glad you've decided to not quit hnt.... and I'm double glad we won't be getting any candelit toe pics... hehe

5:56 AM  
Blogger Moosekahl said...

Glad you will be hanging out with HNT for a while. now a tip of a toe picture by candlelight????That might actually be interesting :)

That last paragraph...wow! I know that feeling and it scared the hell out of me.

3:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home