Friday, July 07, 2006

Cold Sweat, skull bongs and a Special K

Found this interesting tidbit on a news site. Seems an ice cream shop owner in NC has made some ice cream up with jalapenos and hot sauce mixed in and calls it cold sweat. It started out as an attempt to cater to his hispanic customers. Seems they didn't care for it much but others started trying it. You have to sign a waiver before he will serve it to you. (Shouldn't this be a clue of some kind?) Among the first to try this DELICIOUS sounding concoction (sarcasm in case you wondered) was a 22 year old woodworker. He promptly went to the bathroom and vomited after one spoonful......yet came back for more and wants to break the record of 14 ounces eaten at one sitting. The things some people do for attention huh?
__________________
In other news from the serene area we call New England (Vermont to be exact) , seems a teenager Nick Buckalew pleaded guilty to intentionally moving a tombstone and disinterring and removing the ramins of a human corpse. Seems Mr Buckalew severed the head off of a corpse in order to dry and bleach the skull out in hopes of using it as a bong pipe. He also stole the eyeglasses and the bowtie from the scene. I guess he figured someone would notice them sitting there without a head to go on and might get suspicious maybe? He told friends he had done it cause he was bored. Bored? How about cutting your own head off next time Mr Buckalew? He was ONLY sentenced from 1-7 years in prison and has already served 14 months awaiting trial so this derelict could actually be walking the streets again very soon. I find some of these stories so hard to believe ...I guess its my country background or how I was raised. Pieces of trash like this need to be locked up for more than a year IMO. I am also a firm believer in NOT paroling idiots so soon. Some people believe it would lead to prison overcrowding......heres an idea....make prison be a PUNISHMENT again and not some trip to camp as so many "criminal rights activists" have turned it into. I dont have an exact figure but I am pretty sure its quite high the percentage of REPEAT offenders being sentenced only to be let loose to do whatever they want until they are sent to "camp" again. Keep their sorry asses in prison for the length of the sentencing anyway or dont give a length. Oh don't get me started on this topic lol.
________________
Enough news now on to my life or a portion of it. A VERY good friend of mine made me proud a few days ago. This friend has always been the type to do what pleases others instead of whats best for her. She married her first husband because her parents wanted her to. I know this cause I talked to her parents not very long before the wedding in town one day .....I will not go into details other than to say they were not real happy with me for being interested in their daughter lol. Anyway she has always seem to do what others wanted. I believe she has been divorced from husband number two since 03 or so but he has continued to live in the house because she was too nice of a person to MAKE him get his lazy butt out and felt sorry for him. Well she is finally making him get on with his life so she can get on with hers. I cannot tell you how proud this made me when she told me. There are a very few people who I would literally do anything in my power for and this young lady is one of them. I have known her for many years and seen her grow from a naive, sexy young girl into a beautiful sexy lady. She has one of the greatest smiles I have ever seen and such a caring persona.I do hope she follows through with her plans. So many people have tried to "talk down " to her and make her feel dumb or useless before. I KNOW how smart she CAN be but she still sometimes lapses into what other people make her out to be......she is FAR from a dumb blonde trust me. And I am NOT just typing these words because she may be coming to the blog soon......I am typing these words cause this is one of my top 5 most favorite people in the world (ok maybe a top five tie if I include family lol) and as stated I would literally do ANYTHING for. She knows this and knows how I love her although not sure she knows how much sometimes. K....be strong my friend. This is the right thing for you to do. I promise you it WILL work out and I WILL be here for you in whatever capacity it is needed. Please pray for my friend K and ask for strength for her to make it over this hump and on with her life.

Also pray for the soul of the young man in Vermont.....God is never too far away from anyones life to make an impression ......I want this kid to suffer so badly for what he has done but I also know if he truly repents and asks God to come into his life he still has a chance. I beleive in punishment if it fits the crime. So many times the punishment is merely a slap on the wrist but hopefully this slap on the wrist this Mr Buckalew received will be a wake up call. Just as hopefully this will be a wakeup call for K where she can see that life is too much fun to live it on someone elses terms. Love ya K and looking forward to lunch. :)

Ciao
Brad

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well i read ur blog and felt it only fitting to pass along my nifty little quote i ran across the other day...... A friend is a connection to life-A tie to the past,a road to the future,the key to sanity in a totally insane world....i hope that ms K truely understands how wounderful it is to have a friend such as u on her side and in her life. may God bless and keep u safe, and allow u to see life through open eyes and with an open heart...as far as ol dude, he just better be glad that wasnt my daddys head he was going to smoke dope out of, may God have mercy on his soul...great blog, but man wheres my pictures at..lol...luvs ya

4:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Life is but a wonder
by Gem

Why do u run
Why do u hide

My smile is like the sun
My eyes can not be denied

Life is but a wonder
Changing with the wind

Life can be such a blunder
But not to a true friend

Look into my eyes and see my smile
For it tells the story all again

Life is but a wonder

8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home