Sunday, July 02, 2006

Weekend wrapup...no pics yet

Well it sure feels hot here today for some reason and yes that small aluminum container of beer did get finished off along with about maybe 4 or 5 cases of beer others brought along. We feel sooooo accomplished. Had some great burnouts and Russ (in Dustys black 99 Z28) and myself in my black 96 Yukon did a couple burnouts together back to back so maybe ONE of the many cameras there got a few good pics I will share hopefully tomorrow. I never tried to get a count on how many showed up but I would say it was close to 75 or so. Jerry started things off with a burnout in his 1976 Datsun 280Z.....not powered by Datsun any longer. Small block Chevy powered and such a nice car. He is 39 and he has had it since high school. It was his first car. A few others got out there and did some before I decided to join in. First time I had really done one in the Yukon.....they said it pulls the smoke along behind it really nicely lol We had a guy show up on a Harley V Rod and did a couple of good ones. Then there was David. David brought a junky Ford Ranger out. He got it for free (mechanics lien) and had a grand total of $11.72 I think he said tied up in it (spark plugs). He did his first burnout and blew a tire. Pretty cool. He then proceeded to put on the spare. A little while later he did another burnout and thought he had blown the tire again....he did not. He had simply heard the tread coming loose and hitting the fender. He had already pulled back in and someone told him it was still holding air. He backs back out in the street and makes SURE the tire blew this time....then for good measure continues to spin the shredded tire and rim for a while before parking the truck. Had a couple of really cool burnouts done and there was a good time had by all.Now as Jerry had agreed to with his neighbors the last burnout ended at 9 PM. Thus we began our second stage of festivities.....federal trespassing.

Later on in the evening we loaded the keg on a small trailer filled with lawn chairs and hooked Jenni's four wheeler to it and ummmm entered some government land surrounding the residence. Did you ever wonder why people lock a gate when the hinges are mounted so that all a person has to do is lift straight up and VOILA.......better than keeping up with a key. As we were headed down the road loaded down with I guess maybe 12-15 people we hear something behind us.....looking back we see Ricky doing the drop and roll.....he wasnt on fire.....he had just fallen off the trailer. Once Shane heard it was only Ricky falling off the trailer so he punched it....Ricky can be a pain when he drinks sometimes. Not sure how many miles we covered with four wheeler and trailer but I am guesing it was in the 20 mile range. Jerry had a few problems with the brakes (it had none to speak of) and ran us into tree limbs a few times as well as some pretty hard ditches. This usually resulted in a loud "WOOOHOOOO " from Dusty.....she amuses easily. I wont go into some of the other adventures that took place but I will mention there is SOOO much stuff of interest around that I never knew about including a military graveyard that even has a few Nazi graves. Yes thats right ...Prisoners of War that died here maybe even within yards of where we were partying. The house next door has a huge concrete pad out back that used to be the gymnasium for this miltary camp. I have heard the population of said camp was around 40000 during its height....the cities population now is only 25000 or so. So the crowd slowly dwindles down after midnight-1 am......we are slowly dwindling ourselves lol. Hang out for a while and its down to just Jerry, myself and Dusty left awake I guess. So very much like the old Waco weekends on Memorial day.....soooo many times I would never sleep at all just keep on drinking throughout the night and the next day. Yes I am 36 and yes I do act immature sometimes by a lot of peoples opinion but I enjoy life and fun activities should NOT be a measure of maturity. I think death is a lifelong process. I think each day we "mature" is putting us that much closer to death. I want to LIVE my years I AM here and able to....do I ever have regrets for some things I have done? Sure we all do. I would much rather have regrets for something I did that something I didnt do. I know that might seem confusing to some. Some people always bring up the thing about "If you had one day to live, what would you do, who would you be with?....why not do that today?" Thats how I approach life. So much easier in my opinion. Seize the day indeed and Hold on to the nights. Anything one owns can be taken away at any time but one thing that CANNOT be taken away is memories. We might temporarily lose those memories but they are stored away deep in the brain. Make each day memorable and you should really have no REAL regrets.Works for me.!!!

Pics from our "event" to come tomorrow hopefully. Stay tuned.....and make some memories. ;)

Edit time....I forgot to add thanks to a Gem of a friend for listening to my goofy butt from 4 am until my phone died....poor girl. :P She truly is a GEM;)

Brad

1 Comments:

Blogger Robyn said...

lol sounds like a good time was had by all. =)

7:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home