Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Incompetence revisited and mustard baths

OK I know I only blogged about incompetence an hour or so ago.....guess I should have waited. Got to the orthopedic office and waited for a while and finally got called back (I was second MRI of the day so why was I late?)....chatted (flirted) with the two ladies in the MRI trailer ....is there a reason these have to be done in trailers? ......anyway get hooked up and the younger of the two says they needed to mark where the pain is if possible. So as they pull my arm back out of the sleeve it is easy to spot the "pain spot"....damn that hurt. The high tech marking device is brought out. Mustard packet taped over the spot .....I am sure THAT will be on my bill somewhere in the $100 range. Anyway get me hooked back up and she goes to slide me in.....she says my head is sticking up to high....I was waiting on some kind of Jack from JITB commercials comment but she let it slide. Get my big melon pushed down into the tunnel with my arm rotated with palm up (which btw is how I hurt it to begin with..rotating it) so you can imagine the discomfort. I am in the tunnel about 15 minutes thinking "Ok 5 more minutes ...I am done....then I can get to sleep..."

WRONG....pull me back out and Carla tells me the sleeve is not working right. She gets the other sleeve as I consider squishing the mustard packet on her...not maliciously but flirtaciously of course ;) I get all hooked back up and back into the tunnel I slide......5 minutes later Carla is pulling me out again letting me know THIS sleeve is not working right either. To make a long story short (or is it too late for that) the technicians that were to have looked at the devices last week seemed to have left early and did not finish adjusting them.....incompetence bites me in the ass again. Plus side is I get to go back and visit the two lovelies who handle the MRI's and maybe setup some kind of mustard smearing party.....wish me luck !!!!!

Off to dreamland.....

BKS

2 Comments:

Blogger Robyn said...

lol again!

Wonder what the mustard does to the machine? Thats odd sounding.

8:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry to here about the day with the MRI.........
They use trailers for atleast two reasons.........
1. the large magnet can cause damage to computers and telemetrys(heart monitors).
2. Most older hospitals/buildings are not built to protect said computers from magnets so they pull up a trailer instead of renovating.
OH yea there is a third,
3. Most places "rent the MRI machine" for one day a week........because they are rarely used......Ask me why , if you would like to know........I won't atke up too much more time on my comment;)

5:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home