Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Getting my rocks off and spreading it around

This afternoon I should have two semi loads of rocks for my driveway unloaded and hopefully will be using my neighbors tractor to spread them out. Need to get that done before the rain comes in...maybe it will miss us again this time. If it does I should also be able to get the dirt hauled in for the shop pad and maybe even get the concrete poured within a week or less. I am pretty happy abut this to say the least. I go tomorrow morning to close on my loan.
-----------------
More vehicle news....there is ALWAYS vehicle news from me. I have decided to swap my 96 Yukon for two vehicles and some cash. First is a 1988 Chevy long bed 1/2 ton (I needed a work truck) and next is a 1987 WE4 Buick which is basically a Regal body that came with a turbocharged V6. The Buick has no engine or trans right now though but I have already located a couple possible engines to drop in. And lastly the cash is enough to payoff the Yukon which saves me a nice little sum each month. The Yukon is in the body shop right now getting the "dog damage" fixed it incurred back towards the end of last year. For the new readers I hit a rottweiler doing around 60 and it did about $1000 in damage.....did not even kill the dog believe it or not!! Anyway the only change I am making to it is going from a chrome front bumper to black bumper...same color as the body. I will be sure to post pics this weekend if they get done by then. I am also trading it to a friend so if he ever gets tired of it I can always buy it back haha
-----------------
Thanks go out to Breazy for inviting some of her friends over to my blog. I must admit I am not the best blogger in the world in keeping a regular update posted but that will change soon once I get this shop built and get back to normal sleeping patterns ...as normal as a third shift person can be right? Stop by Breazy's place and tell her I sent you and I think she is sending out home baked cookies to all of us who visit her blog....I might be incorrect with that info but ask her about it anyway. ;)

10 Comments:

Blogger Breazy said...

LOL! Y'all just need to let me know what kind of cookies you like then give me your snail mail address and I will send them!

Oh my , you are on a subject I can talk about all the day long , cars! You know how most women love shoes, they believe the more shoes you have the better of you are , well I am that way with cars , trucks etc... if it has a motor I love it ! LOL!

I can't wait until they get started on your shop, I am excited for you and I am excited to watch it go up! Thanks for the mention I really appreciate it!

10:53 AM  
Blogger jillie said...

You know...the title of your blog is pretty catchy...lol!

Makes ones imagination go wild...getting your rocks off and spreading the load!

LMAO...ok, yes my mind is in the gutter. I can't help it...it's attached to the rest of my body! Wooohoooo

Have a good one ;o)

12:22 PM  
Blogger Breazy said...

Brad you gotta watch her , she will have you running with California Mafia before you know it , she already got me ! LOL!

6:10 PM  
Blogger BKS said...

She did ask for a resume......I do try to come up with something kinda catchy for the title. This one time here it actually seemed to work lol

6:12 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Well then, didn't I pick a fine time to rediscover your little neck of the woods :)

So then, the Yuk is in the body shop? Have you spoken to your insurance agent about this? Maybe you should stop by sometime soon and chat with her? Or...you know...whoever's around ;-)

Sounds like you're making great progress!! Don't forget I still owe you that lunch!

MWAH!

8:34 PM  
Blogger Breazy said...

LOL! I have to admit that I thought exactly what Jillie was thinking when I first read the title! LOL! Have a good night !

8:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like things are going good for you:)

4:25 AM  
Blogger jillie said...

California Mafia huh? Well, that's the nicest thing that anyone has said about me in a long time...lol!

How's that "load" coming along?

8:57 AM  
Blogger Breazy said...

Hey Brad ! Hope your day is going good !

2:59 PM  
Blogger Robyn said...

I want cookies too!

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home