Friday, January 05, 2007

Happy birthday Kim and Happy Becca

My beautiful friend Kim turns 34 today. This is Kim of the late night visit back last summer....don't feel like finding the link. Kim is one of my most special friends. She is an amazingly sexy young woman and one of the best moms any kid could ever have. (she has 3) Anyway I do not think she has read my blog but just wanted to send out this birthday greeting here in case she finds it ...they are at several places over the www haha.

Please stop by and congratulate my friend Becca and Jon on their engagement(I am almost certain thats the question she said yes to haha)

I love quotes and its been a LONG time since I shared any so heres a few with some (hopefully) witty comments to go along with them.
-------------
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish.

-Ovid

Ok Ovid my lines are out.....wheres my damn fish?!?!
-------------
Miracles sometimes occur, but one has to work terribly hard for them.

-Chaim Weizmann
Now dammit Chaim, Ovid said there WILL be fish.....he did not say anything about hard work!!!
------------
Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves.

-Carl Jung
Hmmm maybe you have something there Carl.....
------------
The U.S. Constitution doesn't guarantee happiness, only the pursuit of it. You have to catch up with it yourself.

-Benjamin Franklin
(wadding up my lawsuit against the US government)
-----------
Anger or hatred is like a fisherman's hook. It is very important for us to ensure that we are not caught by it.

-Dalai Lama
So Dalai, do you know Ovid?....DAMN I stepped on my own hook!!!!!
-----------
and finally....stop clapping....drumroll please.....ok tap your fingers on the desk really quickly at least.
-----------
I'm an idealist. I don't know where I'm going but I'm on the way.

-Carl Sandburg
I think this sums up almost everyones life does it not? We may not know whats next but if we don't keep moving we will never know. Good job Carl....ever go fishin?

1 Comments:

Blogger Robyn said...

=) Yay to your friends.

It's always nice to see good news.

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home