Monday, December 15, 2008

In for my two month checkup....

Ok so a few days early for the actual two month checkup. I guess my time spanning-ness (new word I just learned tonight from a pretty young lady) is off a bit. I know I have mentioned it before but I work too much. 85 hours this past week. And I left early one day lol.

My time has been thoroughly consumed lately. After working 12 hours a day or so, I have also been working on framing up another room inside my humble abode. Yep going to have a kitchen/living room now. Its a 24x12.5 room and framing and electrical is done. I am too lazy to post pics but will get them later this week (which in my time spanning-ness means maybe February). If it isn't sleeting and raining in the morning I will stop by and get the insulation and a few odds and ends to finish off before I hire someone to come hang the sheetrock. OK so I am a wimp when it comes the nitty gritty stuff such as sheetrock lol. I figure what will take them maybe 3 hours to do it would take me 3 days or more and they know how to make it look good (Messicans can do anything I swear). Any ideas on paint color? The bedroom is what is known as Southern Blue. Very dark blue since I sleep during the day. Will definitely have to be a bit lighter color for the living room /kitchen.
-----------------------------
My good friend Nikki could use a prayer. She has been having to stay by her husbands side in a Dallas hospital since the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. He had a blood vessel on each side of his head burst and then also had a slight stroke shortly afterwards. He is in his early 30s and Nikki just turned 30 earlier this year. Last time I talked to her they were supposed to get released today. She has insurance but was getting nothing as far as compensation from work for her time off. I have been collecting money from our co-workers and have so far raised close to $1000 for her and Kevin to help offset their bills and to help with Christmas. She has twin 10 year olds and a six year old. Please say a prayer for her and her family.
-----------------------------
As I said (and have said many times before) I will try to update more often and as soon as I get the room addition finished, I will be getting satellite service and either satellite internet or get a tower put up for high speed and get off this dialup. I had blogged a few times from work but seems someone was always coming in the office and I hate someone reading over my shoulder lol.
-----------------------------
And finally my daily horoscope (the one with a smartass sarcastic edge that comes in my email) for today.
Dear Brad,
Here is your AstroSlam
for Monday, December 15:

The world has become overrun with overbearing people! Only one person can save us ... the most overbearing and critical mutant alive on Earth today. You're our final hope.

------------------------------
See you mutants on the battlefield haha

6 Comments:

Blogger Breazy said...

I will keep your friend and her husband in my prayers.

good to hear from you, have a good day!

6:05 AM  
Blogger Robyn said...

I'll keep your friend in our thoughts as well. Hopefully things will start looking up for them soon.

hehe I'm so proud.. you used your new word TWICE. =)
It was great to get to chat with you a bit. I misses ya!

7:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will say a prayer for your friend. I know exactly how it feels to be in that place.

As for color, pick something warm and inviting. Just like your inner Brad.

6:52 AM  
Blogger Breazy said...

Hey Brad,

I just wanted to stop in and check up on you, see how things are going for you and if you are doing okay.

Hope all is well! :)

12:09 PM  
Blogger Robyn said...

so when do we get our next 2 months checkin? hehe

4:52 AM  
Blogger Robyn said...

yoo-hoo hehe

7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home