Saturday, May 27, 2006

So I threw my elbow out

I have the BEST luck. Awoke at 6:30ish this morning, did a quick easy workout, showered, went to TSC for dog food (out of big bags of Pedigree for 3rd visit in a row) and the bermuda grass seed, went to tire store and got my new tires put on, stopped by Sonic for a NUTRITOUS breakfast (ok maybe not but it was filling) and then off to the land. (all in one sentence no less)

Got to my land about 9ish....wet the soil down some and went to my parents house about a mile away. There I loaded up the 20 bags of manure (its shit ok), wheelbarrow, rake, Troy Bilt tiller, and my dad.....well he loaded himself in the truck. Tilled for a while, picked out the grass and weeds for a while, tilled for a while, more weeds and grass. Then lunchtime woohooo. I figured since it was the Memorial day weekend dad would have had a brisket on or something. Pulled back up at the parents house about 1 pm....pimento and cheese sandwiches.....which I love mind you....just was not expecting to have them today. Anyway a quick lunch and back to the land for one more pass with the tiller at the deepest setting ( I should have wet it down more...this clay was ROUGH). Then comes the manure (shit). Opened about 10 bags and had spread that around pretty good (Always have been good at slinging shit). Then instead of moving the wheelbarrow one more time I decided to sling the rest of it under this tree...first couple slings were uneventful....then I heard distinctly 4 rapid snaps as I slung dung.....shovel just drops to the side.....I hate pain....admitting to pain makes me feel weak so I kinda played it off like it slipped. I could barely pick the shovel back up with my left arm. So being the manager that I am, I asked dad if he will spread the rest of the manure (shit) and I will go ahead and start the tiller once more and till it in good. Bad move.....this tiller must have had it in for me for making it work on the holiday and cranking it so many times. It decided it wanted to buck and kick and I think it was intentionally trying to yank my left arm from the socket. It didnt take dad long to figure out that I had not let the shovel slip. I went over to my uncles which is about a mile or so the other direction from my parents (we dont know how to leave this area huh?) and borrowed his handheld spreader for the grass seeds. Also used his John Deere Gator and that big plastic roller thingy thats filled with water to press the seeds into the soil and compact the soil as well. BTW this Gator , just cause it is called a Gator will NOT float....thats another story for another day.

Got back and decided since dad had been doing most of the work for the past 45 minutes, I would go ahead and spread the Mirage Bermuda grass seed....its only 3 lbs of seed....my arm is NOT hurt that bad.....wrong again fat boy. Needless to say I sit here with an ice gel pack on my elbow/forearm, nursing a Miller Lite (cannot find the damn corkscrew for the vino....just bought another one a few weeks ago I guess.) Then my friend from across the river invites me to go out with her....I am afraid I would drop my beer if I tried to drink left handed and besides I am beat. Sorry about that, friend.....I am sure in a few weeks when my vacation starts we can get together....maybe go to Ada or something huh? :P

Hope everyone is having a great holiday weekend. Be careful and dont drink and drive .....let someone else do that.....drinking and riding is where its at.....signs are closer and you have to aim the bottles less !!!!

BKS

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch ... shit slinging sounds dangerous and you just proved it!

Feel better ;)

7:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol dont think we will be doing any trips to ada, smart ass...u missed it last night, we had a hell of a time and the music was awsome...maybe next time...(((HUGS)))...

7:33 PM  
Blogger Robyn said...

That sucks... so is it all healed up now? Well, at least you got to spend time with family. ;)

5:23 PM  
Blogger Robyn said...

yea, and I wanna know what happend to the gator too.. lol

5:23 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Well damn, I leave you alone for two minutes and you throw your arm out...nice...very nice...

Hope you're feeling better sweetie...shall I smooch it better?

7:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

10:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home