Sunday, June 18, 2006

Belated Happy Fathers day to all the dads out there


I was busy actually celebrating the day with my family (above pic is mom and dad a few years previous.....ok maybe more than a few) so just now blogging....Both my brothers made it in as well as my oldest brothers son and next oldest brothers wife and Russian adoptee son ,Sasha. Had a great visit with everyone and Mallory even drove us home in the Yukon....she is STILL 15 for a few more days though. ;) I will post a few pics from the gathering later in the week as soon as J emails them to me.

My parents celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary last year. My grandparents on my dads side were married for 72 years before the passed away. I cannot recall exactly how many years my moms mom and dad were married for but I am pretty sure it was in the 60+ years range. And Brad? So far ZERO lol. Hmmmm seems I am not keeping up my end of the family heritage here. Oh well better to be alone and happy than together and unhappy IMO. And the way things have turned around the past year or so I am VERY VERY happy. I am getting so close to getting my house built on my grandparents land.....I am losing weight and getting into shape.....I have not been this healthy since high school (thanks Adolph Coors for making me think light beer was good for me). I have many good friends to share my life with although some are kinda hit and miss sometimes , I still feel I can call on them in a time of need and get a positive response. ........(((do you hear crickets?))).....(((is this keyboard echoing as I type?)))...... JUST KIDDING!!!! (don't let me down friends)

Anyway vacation ends in just a bit over an hour. Kinda glad to be going back to work but the summer months ahead are the busiest time of the year for us in most cases so possibly looking at some long hours and maybe even 7 day work weeks in the coming months.....all the better to get my house built quicker. And all the better to pay for the KC Chiefs tickets.....oops did I say tickets....anyone want to attend a Chiefs game with me in Arrowhead Stadium in KC?

Anyway hope everyone enjoyed my vacation....lol....back to the grind...the back breaking work I do.....sweating and working my fingers to the bone....you do believe me right? (I drive a forklift but I do sweat lol)

Ciao
BKS

1 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

Lovely photo!!! The are a gorgeous couple!

Sounds like you had a WONDERFUL day!

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home