Friday, September 01, 2006

I forgot ...... and Poetic Friday


I forgot to use the photos I didnt use (see Chelle about this phenomenon) so I decided instead of updating the old post I would just include it in todays short one. Ok so I only had one other pic I was gonna post.....just to show that there is SOME muscle in those calves haha. And yes I remember what mama said about feet on the furniture...shhhh she won't know ....maybe. And yes I have a tan line....the sandals need to be replaced and have not been worn but maybe twice all year haha.



I did a short poem last week I will share for my Friday poetic expression and also wanted to warn...ehhhh I mean let everyone know I am approaching my 100th blog which SHOULD coincide with my birthday (37 for those of you who keep up with those things) so if I can I just might have something special for Tuesday......did I mention the new Kodak does video? hmmmmmm.....anyway heres the poem before I forget to post it. Just a short aimed at noone but aimed at everyone type of poem....unlike most of mine which are usually quite personal.

Stars above

The same stars up over my head

Have awed so many before me

We oft look to the Heavens for answers

The stars,within reach, seem to be.

We look at the stars and wonder

Are we in this unverse alone?

We look up as we raise our prayers

For our sins we ask Him to atone

Though the stars do sometimes flicker

And we sometimes think they fall

No matter the changes we see in our lives

The stars will outlast us all.

--------------------------------------

Take the time to just get out and look up sometime.....it is such a relaxing and humbling experience when you peer into the Heavens and realize that every human, no matter how big or small, will see the exact same thing you see. Whether its the crack addict we look down on or the famous people we look up to......the stars know no difference....they shine on us all. Luckily so does God.

Have a great weekend everyone.......I know I am planning on a great one here. !!!:D

Brad

7 Comments:

Blogger Leesa said...

I love that poem :)
We have amazing stars up here, something I had never witnessed before.

8:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice calves, wow! I love the poem too.

9:01 AM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

Lovely poem...great calf!
Have a super weekend Brad.
~xo

3:02 PM  
Blogger Robyn said...

Hot leggs hun. =) great muscles....
Beautiful poem as usual. =)

8:51 PM  
Blogger C said...

Holy stinkin' moly those are some calf muscles!!

I love the ending of your poem. :-)

8:58 PM  
Blogger Moosekahl said...

I love star gazing...that's one of the things I loved most about growing up on the farm. It got BLACK at night, not this light orange city glow that I have now to look through to see the stars!

8:17 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

love the poem and the muskle (Popeye). Wish I could be star gazing right now.

4:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home