Saturday, October 07, 2006

Illegal immigrants, my Russian nephew, and Ms Ashley

I am sure everyone has heard about the news story regarding the illegal immigrants and their backers raising the Mexican flag at the US post office in California byw now. Not only did they raise this flag from another country on a flag pole for the UNITED STATES flag , they assaulted police officers when they tried to remove them from the premises with rocks and bottles being hurled. This is getting so ludicrous now. What part of ILLEGAL am I NOT understanding here. What if I drive my Yukon 120 mph (which is "ILLEGAL")and have the police stop me and start to write a ticket? What if I decide I do not WANT this ticket although I KNOW I was in the worng and start throwing rocks and bottles at this officer? I am sure he would not just back the %$#@ away and let the situation die down now would he........umm no I would either be shot, beat with a baton, or hit with a stun gun.....or I better be!!!! Why was nothing done to these idiots? Did we not want to infringe on their civil rights? Heres a clue people.....they are in this country ILLEGALLY....hence the term ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT. Who is to say they are not terrorists recruited by one of the world organizations? We worry so much about terrorism now but yet people don't want to close the borders with a fence. I would support the MINUTEMEN in a heartbeat as long as it was checked by authorities. They are just doing what ANYONE in their right mind should do when threatened by an outside force illegaly crossing our borders. These people , they claim, perform a "needed service" in doing the jobs others will not do.....listen to me junior... why do we pay these pathetic lowlifes money to do NOTHING (speaking of our welfare system here) when there are jobs available? I do not think ANY welfare should be paid out to an able bodied person IF there is even ONE job available that person could do. If the government is going to pay these people for doing absofuckinlutely nothing then wheres my check Poindexter? I am an American citizen just like these people but my punishment for actually doing what is RIGHT and WORKING FOR A LIVING results in not getting this HANDOUT from the government. Some people will chime in and say, "Wait a minute there Brad....the welfare system has helped my family out in a time of need....."......well mine too. The key is "in a time of NEED", not in place of my family working for a living. Dont take this as antyhing other than an editorial stating my opinions. I would NOT sit around and do nothing and expect YOU the UNITED STATE TAX PAYERS to support me and let me use YOUR dollars to buy a nicer vehicle than YOU who work can afford. Its not the way I was raised.....these people were raised completely 1000% wrong with absolutely no morals or any kind of concept of WORK.

Also while I am on my soapbox here lets address ENGLISH and its place in AMERICAN society. I use slang sometimes....I use "y'all" a lot.....so many other words that are KNOWN to basically everyone. I have truck drivers come in all the time...US citizens and otherwise and if they cannot communicate to me in ENGLISH I just tell them....we speak ENGLISH here and I cannot understand them. This is not JUST Mexican drivers. I am talking about people who were born and raised in this area and talk what they call ebonics....I about had a black guy ready to kick my ass I am sure one day and my lead man (who is also black) kinda chastised me about it too. This guy came in speaking "ebonics"......I told him politely that I didnt understand him and asked if he knew how to speak ENGLISH. (I knew exactly what he was saying but thats not the point) He decides to start cussing me out then, so I ever so politely turn and walk away and sit back down in the office with him steadily cussing away on the other side of the window. My lead man asks me what he was cussing about and I tell him he was not speaking ENGLISH and I could not speak his language and if he couldnt speak the language he does not deserve to be unloaded. My lead man goes up to him and apologizes for my actions (idiot) and gets the guy pointed in the right direction. Comes back to me and told me I was wrong in the way I handled it. I stated that he does the same thing and complains when a Mexican driver comes in and cannot speak English. He says that different....not so there JoJo. If the person cannot communicate with me properly, no matter the language he speaks he should not expect any special treatment.

Am I too harsh? Not in my mind. In your mind I am sure it might be different. I am very hard headed sometimes but you know what? I am also 100% proud to be an AMERICAN and I know so many others who feel the same way. Thats what makes it so amazing to me when something like this ILLEGAL immigrant issue is not black and white. If they know these people are in the country illegally then send them back. We can go through the system and approve a mega bill to put up a fence to keep them out but if we find them here IN the US and nothing is done about them, then the partial fence is not worth constructing. All they have to do is find where there is no fenceand come on across. Stand up and fight this people. Tell your representative, your congressman, your senator , that if people do things illegally they should be punished. Ask your congressman if you were to rob a bank (which is illegal btw) if you could get off scotfree? I am sure he would be the first to say that its a crime and you would be punished (unless you were here illegally)

_----------------
Ok now stepping down from the soapbox (I should run for some position in government.....maybe start a Common Sense party)....

My brother and his wife in March of this year returned to the US from Russia with a young lad of 6 years of age named Sasha. Ok thats his Russian name but legally his name is Jeffery Alexander....but he is still Sasha. This little bundle of energy is amazing. He comes to a completely different society....a new world and within a few short months is basically fluent in English. Dont get me wrong...he has the Russian accent and will have for a long time (I hope) but he can communicate so well already. It is truly incredible how fast kids can adapt to change like this. They are in this weekend visiting my parents and I will be out there with them shortly. Yes I will get a few pics of my newest nephew and me scanned and posted soon.

Also this evening I will be meeting more of Ms Sandra's family. I was out there last night watching movies with her and Ashley and cannot tell you how special I felt when Ashley announced she was going to bed ...gave her mom a hug and kiss...then gave me one too. This is such a precious and beautiful young lady and could so easily get jealous of the time I am taking away from what used to be her time with her mom and allowing it to be OUR time together. I admit I almost teared up when she hugged me and and told me goodnight. She has definitely made things so much easier between Sandra and myself. She has in a way been a lot of the reason that things have went so well so far....inviting me to her volleyball games....inviting me to pretty much any part of her life I have time for. Monday we are going to the Texas state fair too and I am sure she and I will have plenty of "bonding moments" as her mother and her "maw" are not big on most of the rides. She asked if I would ride anything and everything with her.....how could I NOT ride any ride with her after how at ease she has made getting to know her mom AND her and Maw. I know some of you get tired of me being so "bubbly" about how things are going but its not an act....I am truly this happy and I do not mind sharing my experiences and happiness with the world....or at least the two of you who read this garbage.:P
--------------
Hope everyone has a GRANDOISE weekend.....get out....enjoy the chill in the air....look up at the full moon ......let the hair down and let out a howl!!!!

ciao

5 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Well..I'm not gonna touch the immigrant thing...nope...legal, illegal...here nor there....not gonna touch it...lol My lips are sealed....lol

ANd I have one thing to say....I am VERY happy that you have found a gal that you are happy with...

BUT

DUDE...when you gonna go on a date with JUST HER???? Come on....leave the kid and the mother at home...JUST once! That just isn't healthy Brad. Ok..stepping down from MY soapbox...lol My lips are once again sealed.... :oX

12:14 PM  
Blogger Sandi said...

The moon has been gorgeous the last few days!!

and I would say ditto on all the illegal immigrant comments.

Have fun at the fair! Eat some cotton candy for me, please! or a funnel cake or a carmel apple or....;)

6:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummm.. funnel cakes.... hehe Yea have one of those in my honor as well. =)

As for the immigrants, I totally agree. I think it's bullshit at the special treatment they give to these assholes who aren't even supposed to be here. And welfare.... ohh.... I agree there too. I've had food stamps before don't get me wrong but my father had just killed himself and my mother wasn't working and we had to eat... didn't keep them any longer than was needed though, theres nopoint in that.

I'm glad to hear things are going so well with Sandra... and while yes it'd be nice to go out with just her from time to time, it's also understood that with kids, sometime you can't just leave them.. so it's awesome that you have no problem including her daughter like that... Speaks very highly for you. =)

12:14 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Well Robyn, I dotn know you from Adam, and I am not trying to pick a fight here on Brad's blog....but I jsut wanted to comment on your comment. With kids it's understandable that sometimes you jsut cant' leave them. What about "maw" babysitting the kid once in awhile so that they can go out?? Hmmm??? Personally I think that is healthy. It's how a "relationship" is formed. I think it's very admirable of Brad that he includes the daughter......and it does speak very highly of him (I never said any different!?) but I will stick to my guns that once in awhile he needs to take the woman out...ALONE!!!! His choice. I'm just a friend of his with a big mouth. :)

1:00 PM  
Blogger Robyn said...

lol, obviously.

Yep.. take her out alone sometimes, every relationship needs personal time.... but a lot of single moms like to make sure that a person hits it off with her kids first.. that's more important than anything really to some. So it's nice to see that Brad here is a good guy and gets along great with her kids.

I really wasn't pointing any of my comment directly at you.. wasn't saying you said anything wrong, I was just leaving my comment... it's not a competition of who's right or wrong.. people blog to get various opinions...or at least i do.

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home