Sunday, October 01, 2006

Yet another great weekend!!!

Had another very nice weekend. Spent Friday evening with Sandy and her daughter and mom. Bumped the volleyball around some.....her daughter is 12 and lets just say I got a workout chasing the volleyball a lot. Its all good with me though.... Maw (which I was told to call her the first time I met her) cooked a very good home cooking type of meal and Ashley did her best to be Ms Etiquette and for a 12 year old she does quite well. She is a bit hyper but I think a big part of that is her wanting attention. She is quite a charming young lady and oh so smart....might even be as smart as I was at that age....maybe... haha. Next weekend some of her out of town family members will be visiting and I have been invited to a family gathering which will include the adults playing a lot of 42 and Ashley and myself I am sure playing volleyball or something since we are amateurs compared to them. I am learning as she is too so one of these days we will play. Also having a big fish fry Saturday night. My brother and his son are also coming in this weekend and hoping I can get my daughter to come out to visit also. We ALL know how busy the lives of 16 year olds can be right? Hopefully she will be able to come out and meet her nephew Sasha again. They got along great the last time they got together. Sasha is a 6 yr old lil dynamo my brother and his wife adopted from Russia earlier this year (March I think it was when they brought him home) I am sure he will be a good match for Ashley also as they both have so much energy. Hopefully that will happen for the first time this weekend also.
-------------
We made a 150 mile trek into Indian territory again this weekend. Our destination being the worlds oldest continuosly run dragstrip in the southern OK town of Ardmore. Actually north of Ardmore a ways in the middle of nowhere....it was the 34th annual Cow Pasture Reunion. This dragstrip has been running since 1954. It was very old school drag racing feeling in the air for sure. No fancy scoreboard flashing the times up. If you wanted to know what time someone ran you could only hope the PA announcer was not giving it out during the next pairs burnout. We had I think 5 cars from here racing in the street car class and about 5 or 6 of our Okie friends from El Reno near OKC made it down for a little Red River showdown of sorts. My friend Greg and his son Jerry made the trip up there with me in the Yukon and Greg ended up winning $175 in the 50/50 cash drawing they had so we all know who bought supper that night. Was some very good racing and several guys posted some new best times. One more major race we all plan to attend this year and thats about 3 weeks away but only a few miles east of here.
Not much else going on.....trying to regain some of the energy the near 100 degree temps zapped from me the last few days and getting ready for 12 hour work days the first half of this week. Not a bad thing since I will be on vacation the following week woohooo.

Ciao

2 Comments:

Blogger Phain said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! Hope you have a great vacation (I sure could use one of those!)

2:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad things are goind so well for you. It's nice to stop by and see nothing but good news. Yay for Brad. =)

8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home