Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Lots of prayer requests....

What in the world is going on with all the school shootings lately. Its going to get to the point where parents have to bribe their kids to go to school. So sad when the kids have to worry about stuff like this. Please take the time to say a prayer for the parents of the slain children and also to pray for the kids who have lost their friends, classmates and are exposed to the extremely cruel and violent side of the world at such an early age. I have known a few people who have been murdered just in my short lifetime of 37 years. Some of these kids have experienced more of their friends dying in one day than many of us face in many years of living. Just within the past few weeks an acquaintance of mine was murdered here in Paris. I knew her from her job as a bank teller and she was always the one I went to. Always such a charming outgoing and friendly person. So hard to believe someone would want to kill her. I would also like to ask for a prayer for Leslie's family as they struggle to get back to as normal a life as possible when a loved one is taken away. She was 26 years old and one of the most beautiful young ladies around. The boy, age 22 I think< that murdered her in her duplex used to live two doors down from me. He turned the shotgun on himself after shooting Leslie twice and took his own life. Once again please say a prayer for the Farmer family as they deal with the loss of this young man.
----------
I would now like to ask a favor .....I am sure many of you know about Sandi and her operation she is home recovering from now. She is such a great friend and has heard wayyyyy too much about me and my personal life so I gotta keep her happy so she does not start spouting any of that info out about me haha (j/k ;) ) I have another local blogger friend who is experiencing a lot of what Sandi has experienced but second hand. My friend Nessa's husband was to have part of his kidney removed last week. I have not heard from her yet on an update but if you have time stop by and offer some kind words and a prayer for these two ladies as they deal in their own way with these health problems. Also while I am going through my prayer list I would also like to mention my lovely friend Robyn. This is such a strong young lady who has been through so much in her lifetime and if you can stop by and let her know she is special....not "short bus special"....although I do wonder sometimes........ JUST KIDDING ROBYN!!!!
_____________
If you are still reading I would like to say thanks for helping me with my prayer list. This is just a short short version of it. So many people are on my mind and in my prayers for so many different reasons. It just sometimes helps to share some of these friends stories and I am NOT asking you to feel sorry for any of them .....just simply asking that you think of them in prayer and hopefully they will know or feel the most powerful thing in the universe...the power of prayer.

Just a quick prayer poem I wrote just now.

Thanks dear Lord for all the multitude of blessings upon me have been bestowed.
Thanks for providing me health and wisdom and the key to blessings untold.
Thank You for sending Jesus to die upon the cross for all our sins.
So comforting to know when our lives on earth over, you will welcome us home again.
Continue to bless the ones in my head, sometimes they slip my mind.
You know the names and why I pray before the words leave these lips of mine.
Please be with the world leaders, as they deal with terrors of the day.
And be with the ones who I dont even know, as always in my heart You stay.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

That was beautiful, Brad. Really. ANd I admire you for posting that poem on here. Not many people would do that. I will keep your friends in my prayers. :) Great post.

Oh, and just FYI....you can keep praying all you want.....you are NOT gonna get me naked.....LOL ;)

5:21 PM  
Blogger Nessa said...

thanks for the prayers and thoughts. You can visit my blog to get the latest news.

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home