Wednesday, September 20, 2006

HNT 15 and getting back to work(out)

I am just now getting back into my full workout after tearing some tendons back in May. The weights are considerably less than I was lifting before but that will take care of itself eventually. When I was in high school there were many saturdays spent at the school weight room during the summer. Coach Allen was kind enough to allow some of us to have keys to the school for working out if we wanted to although I am sure he was not supposed to. We could also go in the gym and play basketball or whatever but most of my time was spent in the weight room. I was hoping to get to compete in the state competition my junior year but someone mentioned that the "weightlifting team" tryouts were not open to everyone in school so noone got to go. My 3 lift total would have easily won state in my schools 3a classfication and I was a bit upset when I saw this. I was bench pressing 345 lbs, deadlifting 410 and although I hated doing them the squat was my best lift coming in at around 570 lbs. This was at the weight of around what I am now which is 210-215 (yes I am hung up on this weight but it will eventually drop some more one of these days haha)



Needless to say I am not quite as strong now as I was then. The last time I really lifted before starting back again this past January was towards the end of my junior year which would have been 1987. Along about 1993 or so a friend of mine had a gym and we had started working out again but by that time I had decided partying and beer drinking were much easier than lifting weights. Now 13 years later I am working out again. And it feels great......this pic is not the best but I was lazy this week and wednesday night snuck up on me (again)




Wondering why we post these half nekkid pics of ourselves each week? Click it and find out.
45113638_202b79dc11

Labels:

21 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, that's some serious lifting. I'm impressed.
HHNT!
And, ~first~!!

7:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One ... two .. three .. c'mon, keep going ...

HHNT

8:05 PM  
Blogger lecram sinun said...

Yeah, I need to get back into shape too! Cheers and Happy HNT!

8:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Need a spotter? just let me know....:)

8:29 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

whoo hoooooooo pump that iron..hehe ummm need some help....I could ride ya...er I mean spot ya.....LOL SOrry...still in cowgirl mode for a second..hehe

HHNT ;)

8:41 PM  
Blogger lime said...

i like that it shows you doing something you love. i'm working on my own recovery and getting strong again feels good. keep up the good work!

HHNT

8:48 PM  
Blogger Brown eyed girl said...

Oh, yes doesn't it feel good to be pumping again? ;)

Happy HNT!
~xo

8:49 PM  
Blogger Leesa said...

Very nice! HHNT ;)

8:49 PM  
Blogger Phain said...

it's amazing how good it feels to be that in tune with our bodies! keep up the good work ;)

*~*happy hnt*~*

8:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God I need to get back to the gym. Good luck Brad and HHNT to you.
TG

9:02 PM  
Blogger Stealth said...

excercise?? what's that??? whatever it is - it looks good on ya!

HHNT!

9:10 PM  
Blogger Ag said...

I can I be your spotter

HHNT

9:19 PM  
Blogger 3.14 said...

it's always great to get back into things...
hhnt!

9:29 PM  
Blogger AndyT13 said...

Rock on dude! HHNT!

10:13 PM  
Blogger S said...

Very good, you keep that up and there will be a line out your door! HHNT

1:03 AM  
Blogger Suze said...

Good luck with the training. Now, what's that up the right leg of your shorts?

Happy HNT sweetie ;)

3:15 AM  
Blogger betchacantguesswho said...

I work out 3 days a week and run 5 days a week. I feel so much better when I do this too. A few days off and I can feel the sluggishness coming on. Keep it up.
Happy HNT!

6:54 AM  
Blogger Princess PinkLady said...

Very nice! HHNT!

7:32 AM  
Blogger Jinsane said...

I wouldn't mind to watch you sweat it out!! XO

7:32 AM  
Blogger Aisha T. said...

Keep working! But, take care of those old injuries. They have a way of haunting you *as I am currently nursing a pull* Happy HNT

9:59 AM  
Blogger Moosekahl said...

Love that burn from lifting...I skipped tonight though, a charlie horse in my calf had me gimping a bit today. Happy HNT!

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home