Friday, September 22, 2006

Poetic friday and yet another 1st date

I am a few hours away from meeting a very nice young lady for dinner and it looks like bowling again haha. I love bowling although I am not good at it. Ms Sandra and I lived less than 3 miles from each other all the years we were growing up but the matter of the creek at the west end of my families land being the boundry between school districts kept us from really knowing each other. That and the fact that as kids we were both very bashful.........stop laughing ....I am serious I used to be.......ok rolling on the floor while laughing is a bit much. Anyway I am hoping for a very nice evening and then get some sleep before leaving out at 8 am in the morning heading south for the Fall Nationals held at the famous Texas Motorplex......where records fall in the fall ;) Nothing like hanging out with good friends, drinking some good cold beer and afterwards meeting a few more friends from Dallas at a GREAT place called Bonedaddys. Life is good!!!!


This is Ms Sandra.....yes she is legally an adult.....for all her youthful looks she is actually 34 believe it or not. I only wish I still looked as youthful. haha She is very intelligent (high school salutatorian) and charming country girl. She best get ready to get beat at bowling though cause we all know how awesomely I bowled last time.....if I have to I MIGHT can muster a triple digit score lol. Wish her luck!!! :)



As far as poetic friday goes.....I have nothing. Its been a busy week. I have just not taken the time to express myself in a poetic manner. I will however share with you an old poem I wrote and is posted on my Myspace page. It has exactly NOTHING to do with my current mood......not even close. Why am I sharing it? Who knows....I am Brad.....don't try to figure me out haha


WHY
Why do I do this to myself
Why can I not see
What is so clear to the world
can be so cloudy to me.

Why do I love you so
To put my life on hold
Why can't I find another to love
Why can't I be bold.

Why do I hang on
To things I know are dreams
Why do I wait for someone
Who wants only friends it seems.

Some day I shall find
The one to hold so true
why oh why could this person
Not turn out to be you.

All I have learned in the past
Has made me who I am
I cannot make myself happy
But I will find the one who can

-------------------------

I am trying to remember but I MIGHT have already shared this poem with you here before too and my apologies if this is so. At any rate it is time for me to take flight......gotta make this old "bear" presentable for the evening. Hope everyone has a grand weekend!!!!!

Ciao

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well hope you're date goes spendidly.. hehe =) Have a good weekend!

3:48 PM  
Blogger Sandi said...

Awww Bear:) I liked your poem. and this gal HAS to be great with a name like Sandra....;) Just don't go giving her MY nickname.. and you know what it is...LOL..
Have a great weekend with your friends.
xoxo

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home