Monday, October 16, 2006

Vacation is over...My favorite time of year is NOW

So as of 11 pm tonight my last week of vacation for this year will be over. What a wonderful week it was and was magically brought to a close with something that we have not had in months and months......soaking rain. It is about finished for now but dad said he had measured between 4.5 and 5 inches of rain in the last 24-36 hours which is probably close to the total for the past 6 months or longer. It has been very very dry the past two years but this definitely helped. Friday I had gone to one of my favorite places, Bratchers Nursery and greenhouses, and bought a couple of Nuttall oak trees to plant on my land. These trees supposedly will grow between 60-100 feet in height. Just a few of many trees to be planted on my land in the coming months. I am going to contact a friend of mine who builds metal buildings and get an estimate on a 60x40 or so metal building with a 6-8' porch across the front and back. I am thinking I might try to do some of the framing and actual finishing of the living qaurters inside this massive shop building if its not too expensive. Lets just say Ms Sandy has encouraged me somewhat in this aspect after seeing what she has done with her own house by herself. Her daughter Ashley actually asked her last week when they were discussing my land and housepad if I was going to build a house for myself or for "us"..... lets just say Ms Ashley amazes me sometimes. She told me not to leave last night until she was out of the shower so she could tell me goodnight before she went to bed. I left once while she was busy cleaning her room and she got upset......I thought she was asleep or I would have stepped in and told her goodbye then too. Things are going just as great with her as things between Sandy and myself which is great. I am going to her last volleyball game of the season this afternoon. She is playing against my alma mater, Prairiland Jr High, so she informed me who I BETTER cheer for. She knows or seems to know I will support pretty much anything she does. I was so proud of her after attending her "buddy baseball" game on Saturday morning. Its basically "special needs" kids getting out there with a "buddy" and experiencing the thrill of hitting the ball, running the bases, and throwing the ball around. Sandy told me when anyone has asked Ashley about it before she would play it off saying her mom made her do it. I told her how proud I was of her for doing it and if she had volunteered or BEEN volunteered to do it and she surprised her mom by saying she volunteered herself ....she is such a sweetheart and a tremendously caring person despite her "teenage" mindset.
-------------
Hope everyone had a great weekend....not long until Halloween and then on to Thanksgiving and Christmas right around the corner.....any big Halloween parties planned? I am sure Robyn will have something big ......This is my favorite time of the year but more especially when I have someone to share it with. I love the fall season and the slight nip in the air...which in Texas means 40s and 50s haha.....snuggling on the couch.....walking hand in hand in late evenings with that special someone.....the HUGE and BRIGHT full moons of this time of year.....sitting around a nice warm fire either inside or out. I might just have to break out the tent and pile up some firewood and go camping one weekend soon....even if it is on either my land or at the local lake.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lee Ann said...

Sounds like a wonderful vacation. I need one desparately!

You are right, what happened to this year? All of the holidays are just around the corner!

Have a great week!
~xo

7:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry for the delayed response but thanks for the note way back when.
-Maverick

9:53 PM  
Blogger Robyn said...

You know what? I hate this apartment we live in.. lol actually I really like it, but I HATE not having a yard that I can fix up and scare peope with... fixing up your 3rd floor balcony just doesn't have the same effect.. lol so all my coffins and tombstones and dead people have to sit this year in the closet I'm afraid...

We went and got my daughter her costume this weekend though, she's a witch.. but its the cutest witch in the world.. hehe you KNOW I'll have pics up soon. =) So since this year, Seans working the aunted house, and I can't decorate my yard.. I get to focus on nothing but trick or treating with my kiddo... should be a blast!

And I've said it before.. but I'll say it again.. I love reading about how great things are going for you right now!

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home