Saturday, November 04, 2006

Homecoming, schedules and adjusting

Last night we went to a homecoming football game at Ashleys school....which is also the school Sandra graduated from in 1990. It was quite cool with a light breeze blowing and sitting on aluminum bleachers....lets just say I wouldnt rate it among my most favorite recent memories haha.

Funny how some things we take a certain way someone else can take a completely opposite way. I have been adjusting my schedule so much lately I have simply not made time to do my workouts....this being said I thought I was going to get up early enough yesterday to do this and then get ready for the game that night. I hate waking up to an alarm clock. Most of the time before I started dating I would just sleep until I woke up (which btw my biological clock seems to have done quite nicely at getting me up at the right time). I had asked Sandra to call me when she got off work ....I did NOT explain to her why, which I guess was my first mistake. I simply did not want to set the alarm and the time she would be getting off work would fit right in to my plan to workout and then get ready. Well I finally awakened at around 5:15 pm yesterday....no call.....just woke up. No time for a work out....no time for us to go eat before the game ( I had not eaten anything all day) and they were waiting on me to show up to pick them up for the game. This got everything off to a bad start and the evening kinda stayed THAT course. After the game we were talking in the truck and I told her I was going to HAVE to start setting an alarm so I could get my workouts in. I feel so much better when I do workout and not so sluggish. She first said she was "trained" to not wake her mom up before 5 pm. Her mom also works nights. Then later before she left the house to go home she mentioned she felt I was asking her to "check in" and she did not like that. Maybe it was just a bit of stubborness still showing but that kinda hurt. I would not ask her to check in. I guess I am being too vague when I ask her to call.
Anyway its 7:30ish....been awake since 5 am. Already done my weightlifting for the day, washed dishes, washed clothes, about to go walk/jog 4 miles. Trying to work two different schedules together when both parties are kinda "set in their ways" is difficult. I feel I have been doing more adjusting sometimes.....which is fine with me. I am very adaptable, but it bothers me when this adaptability is questioned and it is something we will have to talk about. Anyway not really in a great mood but definitely not in a bad mood....just kinda here I guess. This is the worst I have felt in a month or two so I guess I cannot complain.
----------------------
Hope everyone had a good and safe Halloween. Anyone started their Christmas shopping yet? I have started PLANNING mine but nothing has been bought just yet haha.
You came to me a short time ago
like a whirlwind you entered my life
you made me smile from the inside out
Feeling I could handle all strife
You made me a part of you family
we all hit it off right away
I changed my schedule to fit yours
so by your side I could stay
The last few days have been strained
Not like the ones that came before
we need to get back on track now babe
and continue through the next door.
Life is a series of doorways
through each one we must pass
Sometimes I am one room ahead
Does this mean I moved too fast
Maybe I lead the way ahead
to make sure there is no danger
and hold the door open for you
when I know it is safe to enter
Sometimes I guess I rush on through
opening doors for you too soon
I promise to not lead you wrong
Although sometimes i act like a loon.
The road ahead runs forever
with many blind curves along the way
just know that here beside you love
Is where I plan to stay.
--------------

3 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Wow, Brad.....quit blaming yourself! Relationships take BOTH parties to make them work even if they are set in their ways. Talking never hurts! Things change when in a new relationship....I think there has to be give AND take. From what I have read the past few weeks...YOU have been giving 110%. I dunno...it's easier for someone on the outside looking in to say this, you need to figure it out. Good luck...and ALWAYS take time for YOU!!!

11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It has to be tough.. since you both have not been in relationships for a while. Don't you think?
I am hoping that things will iron themselves out soon.
Be patient...
Love ya and heres a big HUG from me to you!

6:32 PM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

Wow, I went to my niece's homecoming game on Friday to watch her cheer.
She goes to the same high school that I went to....yes, those aluminum bleachers!
Brought back many memories for me too!

Have a great week!

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home