Monday, February 05, 2007

Pray for my OkieAngel and local "tv stars"


That pretty smiling face above is Christie. Some of you may recall me heading into Indian Territory last September to visit this lovely young lady. She just had her tonsils removed a few weeks ago and tomorrow morning goes to Mcalester, OK to have a hysterectomy. Please mention her in your prayers. I will make sure to let her know any and all who mention this on my blog when I talk to her.
-------------------------

A tv show is doing some filming in the area this coming week. Any of you who visit Becca would already have heard about this. An episode of One Tree Hill focusing on a small town prom will be shot in the sweetest town in Texas aka Honey Grove. Legend has it that Honey Grove was supposedly one of the places Davy Crockett wrote about on one of his travels. He supposedly camped there on his way to join the Texas army in San Antonio in 1836....now for you Yanks 1836 might not mean much but that was the year a small battle was fought at a tiny mission in South Texas called the Alamo which at the time was known as San Antonio de BĂ©xar. ANYWAY (I get sidetracked with history a lot) this show will feature a lot of the local kids and my daughter who is 16 is trying to find her own way to get a view of one of the stars of this show...don't ask me his name but if you have teenage girls I am sure they could tell you. I was riding with her crossing the square on Sunday here in Paris and jokingly said, "I think they are setting up to do some kind of shot there".....mistake...rapidly applied brakes right in the middle of a changing redlight is not good. Luckily this was Sunday afternoon in a town with the population of 25000 or so so nothing bad happened. We had a fun afternoon going around looking at some cars and just hanging out. Hopefully it won't be quite so long before the next visit.
-------------
Gotta get in bed soon.....back to work for another 12 hour shift in about 7 hours...busy week this week so forgive me if I don't make it to your blogs.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Lee Ann said...

You are the sweetest...best wished to her!

7:21 PM  
Blogger CozyMama said...

she is for sure in my prayers.

8:08 AM  
Blogger Robyn said...

=) I'll think of your friend tonight in my prayers as well.

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope all goes well for your friend.:)

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home