Monday, December 31, 2007

My goals for 2008.....and some birthday wishes

Firstly a few people I know are having birthdays today. First off is my good friend Christie who I have blogged about several times. These include my adventures into Indian Territory . She is such a special person in my life. She is in Ft Worth tonight celebrating birthday and new years at Billy Bobs world class honkytonk and watching Kevin Fowler perform. Next up is Chelle over at her escape. I think she is turning 29 again. Not sure how that whole Canadian to American exchange works on ages though so that number might be off a bit ;) Stop by her place and wish her a happy birthday. Lastly is a pretty young lady I just started chatting with this week. She lives in a nearby town and her name is Christy. I have not had the privilege of meeting her yet but hopefully sometime soon. She is celebrating her birthday at home with her boys. 29th too I think.....seems to be a trend here haha.

---------------


I am not normally one who does the whole new years resolutions thing but this year I think I will document some goals here.

1. Other than my "house payment" I plan to be debt free at some point during 2008. This is an agressive goal but one I know I can handle with just a little planning.

2. My fitness level will rise. I don't want to put down a goal weight or how muc I want to lose because everything I have read points to the fact that weight is just a small small portion of fitness. I will track and document my weight each week (maybe on here too) but mainly I will be focusing on building endurance and strength.

3. Once a week I will call someone I have not talked to in a long time. I am bad about becoming reclusive at times and I need to "get out there" so to speak more often.

4. I will spend more time with my parents. My mom and dad are both now in their 70's and I know they won't be around forever. I also want to get my dad going again on working on our family tree. He stopped (or stopped mentioning it to me anyway) and I think my research ability and use of the internet is wat he needs to get it going again.

5. I will try to blog a minimum of once a week, if nothing else just to ave something to look back on. I should also get back to sharing some of my poems every Friday like I did for a brief stint. I have not taken the time to write anything new lately though. Maybe its time to start organizing some of these things.

6. Saving the biggest "change" for last, I will become more in touch with God and walk in his shadow. I know He is the reason I take each breath and without Him there is nothing. Reason this is listed LAST and not FIRST is none of the other things listed are possible without the strength He gives me.
-------------------------
I hope everyone has a safe, happy and prosperous new year. Take the time each day to thank God for what He has given you. You might not feel your life is blessed but if you are breathing you are blessed. Anyone who does not know God or have Him in their lives, I would be more than happy to share some time and scriptures with them and show them what it means to be a child of God. I am far from perfect and not a preacher but I do know how to witness and don't mind doing so even for a complete stranger. Feel free to email me at brad6925@yahoo.com and include "YRYDHI" in the subject line so I know it isn't more junk mail.

May God bless each and everyone of you and guide you through the coming days, weeks months and years.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Lee Ann said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR! Have a wonderful 2008!
~xo
Lee Ann

8:46 AM  
Blogger jillie said...

I hear you on the resolutions and the ones you've listed all sound within reason. Good for you! I hear you on the "recluse" part. Sometimes I just shut the world out and as long as you come back out...it's ok. I hate that my mom lives so far away and I make it a point to talk to her everyday. Just wish I could see her more.

And lots of luck to you on the debt free. It's tough but it can be done. I usually get that way for about 3 months and then boom! Back in the hole. But it's good to know it can be done.

Best of luck to you in the new year ;o)

1:42 PM  
Blogger Breazy said...

Brad that is a great post. I have been to Billy Bob's in Ft Worth so I am sure your friend had lots of fun.

I like all of your goals, especially the last one. Keep up the witnessing and if you ever need to talk or if you ever want to talk about God or anything else please feel free to email me at eazybreazy@gmail.com. It is always good to have a fellow Christian to talk to and to help each other out on witnessing to others.

Take care!

2:13 PM  
Blogger Breazy said...

Hey Brad! I wanted to let you know that I have tagged you with a meme. If you decide to participate at any time just leave me a comment so I can check it out!


HUGS!

7:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just got caught up on your blogs bRad and I have to say thank you for mentioning my bday, I dont know if you will ever know how special you are and how important our friendship is to me. Love you!!!

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home