Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Why am I always showing parts I hurt?(HNT 23 for me)

So I have just completed a few weeks of physical therapy on my shoulder......bicep tendonitis they said but also a weakened rotator cuff. Probably from repeated swings playing volleyball and not enough stretching it out (imagine that.....do you know how boring stretching IS? ) haha Anyway I am trying to do the right thing and do my stretches to get this problem corrected so I can continue working out with weights. I am doing light weights (hush over there
Scooby) and numerous boring stretches but I can definitely attest to the fact that PT definitely sped my recovery and I found a very PT and PTA whom I will be using from now on for any injuries I might incur. Hopefully they will lessen now that I am stretching the muscles before and after workouts.

This is the sore shoulder....when I started PT I could barely even raise it without pain. Now a few weeks later I have full ROM and almost back to full strength. This is the right shoulder and not the left which was recovering from 3 weeks in a cast just over a year ago to repair some other tendon damage. I guess I SHOULD listen to my PT from now on right? haha


Wondering what HNT is all about? Stop by Os' site and it will all become clear.

6 Comments:

Blogger Breazy said...

Glad to see the shoulder doing better! Thanks for your kind words regarding my upcoming surgery and I will definately give you directions to my house so that I can have a PB&J from you!

Have a good weekend!

xoxo

8:29 PM  
Blogger Shibari said...

Glad your shoulder is betta... it is a quite tasty shoulder indeed...
xoxo

9:15 PM  
Blogger S said...

Oh man, I do sooo know what you mean, my back is killin me!

HHNT and glad the shoulders doing better!

12:19 AM  
Blogger Sandi said...

Sorry your shoulder got hurt:( but your nipple looks FINE :)

5:57 AM  
Blogger TK Kerouac said...

nice shoulder, happpy hnt!

7:19 AM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

Oh yes, you need to listen to your PT. I had rotator cuff surgery several years ago...NOT FUN!!!
Happy belated HNT!
~xo
Lee Ann

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home