Thursday, December 27, 2007

Steps both forward and back

Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.

-Aristotle
--------------
Lately it seems my steps have been more of a retreat than advance. I have not been taking as many steps (not enough walking/jogging) and my weight has inched back up. One of the joys of winter months huh? I know I know.....I live in Texas and we dont even have winter compared to most of ya. Still it is cool enough for this Texan to really not want to get out and exercise like I should. I have slowly started getting back to the grind so to speak though and making myself do it. It is simply a matter of mind control really and my mental state has been one of confusion with all the overtime and holidays as well.
--------------
I got a gift for Christmas that immediately made me think of a certain blogger friend . Yep a genuine tie dyed shirt (my first since I was a kid in fact haha) I also scored a nice Chiefs cap and yes I still wear the colors proudly despite the 4 win season. I have been a big time Chiefs fan since the early 90s and know they will one day be back in the playoffs. (Can we get Marty back now?)



I am down to my last few days of "training" for my lead man job I have taken as my previous lead man retires in two days. It seems odd in a way but in another way it seems like it is where I should be. The guys and gals I have working for me are great to work with and in fact most all of them have actually worked there longer than I have. I think I have seniority on two of the 14 people but as I said I have a great crew and I seldom will have any problems from them as they all know whats expected and usually do the job without even being asked or told. Thanks to the extra training I have been exposed to and exposing others to through SAP it has by far been my most profitable year. Looking forward to even more of it (with maybe a bit less overtime) this coming year. Not that I mind working for sure haha.
--------------
Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and I would like to wish everyone a safe and prosperous new year!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home