Friday, June 02, 2006

Updates and a few "thank you's"

First off thanks to all of you who stopped by yesterday (and Wednesday night too) and partook of my HNT offering. Many great comments as well as many great offerings of your own. Don't forget to tell Osbasso how much you enjoy each and every week. He does a great job of organizing this and should be applauded for his efforts.

Secondly I have a "kind of update" on my dung flinging injury from last weekend. I am bad (or good) about self-diagnosing myself. Most of the time I am pretty dead-on if I actually take the time to research properly. After doing some extensive research (maybe 10-15 minutes) I am almost certain I have a strained if not torn bicep. The gun might be broken in other words lol. And yes I am actually laughing about this. I had not lifted weights since a junior in high school at which time I was bench pressing 340 lbs or so, could squat 570 lbs and deadlifted around 410.....I was far from weak in other words.....now here I was at the ripe YOUNG age of 36 and starting to lift weights again....had worked back up to working out with 165 lbs on bench press....doing curls with 30# dumbells....getting fit...getting pumped up....and a shovel full of MAYBE 4-5 lbs of manure tears my arm up. How ironic(shitty was first word that came to mind) is that? Anyway I go so my nurse practitioner and friend Kendra monday morning for her observation and will update for sure after that. I am now BACK to not working out again or more specifically doing what little leg exercises do not require holding the barbell ....lunges are killer if you have not done them lately...and just trying to build my core (read as abs) strength up. My goal of being UNDER 220 lbs by my vacation which starts NEXT friday appears to be easily enough attained. I weighed 221 last night so SURELY my lazy butt can lose 2 lbs in a week. Its only will power and when motivated I am overflowing with THAT.

Speaking of overflowing....I caught just a bit of an ABC news program last night relating to foster kids. The subject they were speaking of during the few minutes I watched (I seldom watch TV at all) was this cute maybe 14 year old girl. She had a drughead mom who used to fuck her many boyfriends right in front of her and her siblings.....she brought home a roadkill deer and laid it on the kitchen table and let the kids tear off chunks of raw deer meat and that was her way of providing for her kids..meanwhile she was doing her crack or screwing someone to make money to buy more drugs.....such a lowlife person. This little girl even mentioned her mom would "share" her with her boyfriends that came over. This little girl had to have cockroaches removed from her ears where they had been hatched they had figured. This is SO fucking pathetic that this "parent" let her kids suffer like this. I get so FUCKING pissed when I hear about stuff like this and its one of the main reasons I do NOT watch TV most times....Wanted to call ABC up, get this womans name and address and go there and forcefeed her a healthy helping of Whoopass Stew. Now after the rage subsided...sooo many hours later I realized how lucky so many of us have it. I felt almost sheltered. I WAS sheltered in so many ways. I have some AWESOME parents and cannot even fathom what it must be like to go through what this little angel of a girl has been through in such a short period of time. Please people, say a prayer for all the little ones who are forced to see things like this on a daily basis. Just take a moment to imagine how awful it must be to have a mom who provides rotting deer carcasses to her kids to eat RAW...no telling HOW many bad things can come from this alone. Please pray for these kids who are too young to help and provide for themselves. This little angel sure touched my heart.

Tommy Gunn also had a moving story on his blog this week and I hope he does not mind me linking you to him. Tommy that story from Korea was such a moving piece. Great job and thanks. The Dichotomy piece was also a good read. So many of us can relate to that as well. I am sure I will be back to this blog in the future.
-------------------------------
Stay tuned as next week I will tag myself (noone else wants to) and play 100 things about Stoney (thats me) ...that is IF i can find 100 things to say. Hopefully I can. Off to check out my grass now...bermuda grass that is ;)

BKS aka Stoney

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch! Take good care of the "gun" this weekend!

I cannot stand to see anything that depicts harm or neglect of children. I think the parents or caregivers inflicting such abuse need to be tortured ... long and hard without a break!!

3:14 PM  
Blogger Robyn said...

My cousin i slike that.. well she didn't force her kids to eat raw deer or anything but she's famous for showing up... being there for a few months then disappearing again for years or more.. it's really taken it's toll on her kids and it makes me sick really... no one deserves that. =(

Take care of that arm too hun. =)

11:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home