Friday, July 14, 2006

Letter to my cast

As promised I will share some original poems on fridays and here is this weeks offering. Sometimes I can be pretty serious with my writings but today I felt a bit jovial and decided to do something a bit lighter. Hope you enjoy! This weeks poem is in the form of a letter and without further adieu here is the masterpiece....publishers please form a line to the side and I will discuss all offers after the reading.
---------------------------

Dear cast,
Why do you make my arm itch so
was it something I did to you?
do you know how hard it is to dress
or simply tie my own shoes?

You have been with me for five days now
and on for another seventeen more
You know exactly how I feel about
you rotten stinking...well should I say more?

You make me look funny when I walk the track
you do get me free food from the drive thru
I talk to people i normally would not
as they ask me why I wear you.

I tell them you cause me more pain
than the tendons you are on me to protect
You make my sleep come in spurts
my whole life you find a way to affect.

I will love the day you come off me
i loathe you as you make the doctors rich
I will not miss you at all I promise
you sorry son of a........now would I curse in a poem?

Sincerely,
Brad

2 Comments:

Blogger Robyn said...

lol thats great. When I had my arm in a cast I used a coat hanger for the itch... lol I really do feel bad for you.

8:06 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Casts suck. Ummm not that i have ever had one...but I knew people that have...lol

;)

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home