Sunday, September 03, 2006

Ms Tuity Fruity, bowling, and happy birthday wishes

Yes its me again. Did basically nothing all of Saturday and woke up at the wonderfully sunshiney hour of 2 am or so this morning. Went jogging/walking at about 4:30 am (yes I was the only one there ...imagine that....well there was this one truck that pulled up and parked for about 10 minutes and left....maybe they decided not to jog huh? haha)

Friday I had a wonderful date with the lovely Ms Tuity Fruity and such a cutie , Gina. We met at Two Senoritas mexican food restaurant and cantina and was promptly sent to the corner. I don't mind sitting in the corner. I am a people observer and the corners mean noone gets behind you haha. I was a bit distracted from the people observing this time though. Gina, as she had told me before without sounding conceited at all mind you, was indeed even prettier than the picture I had seen of her. We had plenty of time to chat and get to know each other between being seated and finally ordering. This place is usually packed in the evenings and was no doubt as to why. The food was great and after our dinner we had dessert courtesy of Adolph Coors. Yes only one beer tyvm. :D We then sat and talked some more and finally left to go bowling. Its been a while since either of us had bowled but you couldn't tell it. We were neck and neck all the way through the 10 frames and when the dust had settled I had miraculously come from behind with a one point victory. I know there were many PBA scouts watching us both as the final score of the first match was a blistering 79 to 80 final score......yes thats all 10 frames.....quit snickering.....stop it!!!! Ok on to round two...Gina led until the 6th frame....NO I was NOT letting her win....she just had me distracted with such beauty :D I think the 6th frame was when I broke out the secret weapon...yep I went ahead and bowled left handed. Amazingingly the ball stayed on the lane....even more amazingly it knocked down 6 or 7 pins. The most amazing thing was it was my left arm that I injured back in May and I wasn't using just the lightest ball they had. Felt fine, no pain so that was good. Second game ended with me pulling ahead and coasting to a 84 to 69 victory (I promise I am not gloating Gina :P) Ok she says we should play one more....who I am to complain. Through the 4th frame I have managed to only knock down 15 pins....she was 34 to my 15. This cannot be happening. 6th frame she feels sorry for me and releases two gutter balls to allow me to catch up. She gets to frame 10 and picks up the spare and should be getting one more throw....it doesnt allow her to so we will call that game a tie. I am sure she would have knocked down 8 pins on that throw to make it a tie game. Anyway we had a blast and I do hope we can do it again sometime. Gina you are such a doll and I do hope you enjoy the candle.....it was the closest thing to a "fruity" candle they had haha.
----------------------------
Picture time....I DID manage to get my copier/printer/scanner hooked up Saturday. Needless to say I spent a good portion of the day scanning in pics from many years ago and thought I would share a few. Some are not the best quality pics and a bit spotty sometimes but thats the best I can do haha. Ok well imagine that...blogger is being a booger and I cannot upload the pics.....your lucky day haha. I will share plenty of pics soon enough I promise.
----------------------------
Yesterday would have been my grand dads 106 (or 107th) birthday. It is unsure exactly how old he was cause at the time he was born there were no birth certificates and one family Bible showed 1900 and the other showed 1899. Anyway happy birthday grand dad. I have talked about him before on here. He was like my best friend when I was a kid since he was the one I stayed with when I got off the bus after school. My grand dad was a small man by most standards but a true giant in my eyes. He stood MAYBE 5'6 and MIGHT have weighed 120 lbs but like I said he was a giant of a man in my eyes in so many ways. I miss him ....I am sure sometime in the future I will see him again. I still feel his presence when I go out to the land sometimes. Happy 106 (or 107) papaw!!!!!!
Brad

2 Comments:

Blogger Gem said...

glad yall had a great time, best of luck...

Gem

2:32 PM  
Blogger Robyn said...

Aww.. sounds like you all had a great time. Good. =) yay you guys.. hehe.

Happy Birthday granddad! =)

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home