Thursday, November 09, 2006

Garage sale, stolen gun, and family

I am doing something this weekend I have never in my life done.....I am having a garage sale. Now when I say I am having a grage sale , it will not be just me. My girl Sandra and her daughter Ashley and her mother will be here along with possibly my mom also. I have been quite busy trying to decide what to get rid of and trying to figure out how much each item will be. I am sure I will price everything cheap enough that most of mine will sell haha. I am the type who would much rather post it low and make sure it goes as try and hold out for that extra $$. I will indeed fill you in on how it went next week.
-------------
Should know something on my house bid tomorrow afternoon. While this is by far not the ideal time to start a house I am really hoping to get a favorable bid and possibly have some form of a structure going up soon although I know weather plays a critical role in the construction business this time of year. I did get a few nice oak trees planted a few weeks ago and they are doing nicely. Hopefully they will provide some shade on the west side of the house within a few years. Once construction is done I will most likely buy some larger trees and have them brought in and planted although at $300 and up there won't be many of them done this way haha.
-------------
Any big plans for Thanksgiving? I am hoping that it all works out this year that we have a larger than average family gathering since this will be the first holiday season since my mom lost her sister and best friend to cancer. I am hoping to have my "new family" over and prretty sure my daughter Mallory will be able to make it too. It will be the first time for Sandra, Ashley and Mallory to meet so kinda looking forward to that. Of course the bundle of energy Sasha,my new Russian nephew, will be in a few days early to spend some time with his nana. Sandra's mom has to work Thanksgiving eve and will be sleeping part of the day but hopefully she will be able to make it over as well. Their family is having their Thanksgiving on Friday so more eating opportunities I will have to work extra to burn off haha.
--------------
Christmas is right around the corner and I got started with my gifting in a small way a few days ago. I "stole" my dads 22 rifle. Now before you jump me about this.....I think he fired some very old bullets through it and they basically have the barrell stopped up. I am taking it to a gunsmith to see if it can be fixed and if so have the gun redone for him for Christmas. Yes it is a redneckish gift but dad got this gun when he was 12. He is now 72 and just guessing he bought it used then it is well over 60 years old most likely. Hard to find a new gun that will shoot like these old ones did it seems. Hopefully I will know something about whether or not the gun is worth restoring next week. Thats about all I got for now. About to go get Ashley from basketball practice. Hope everyone is doing well and smiling plenty :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Lee Ann said...

Smiling! Well trying to!

6:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dad had handmade a muzzle loader before he died but I remember ho wimportant it was to him.. I think you're gift idea is great. =)

8:08 PM  
Blogger Moosekahl said...

That's a great idea for your dad...Have a great weekend!

11:04 AM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

Hope you are having a good weekend!
~xo

4:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAWN.... update the blog already;)

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home