Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Got a $1200 ink pen today....

Since Breazy is posting from the library and isn't sharing construction pics right now I decided I would share some. Ok its DRIVEWAY construction but its progress. The first pic is what amounts to a semi load of rock.....looks small for a semi trailer load huh?




Heres the same area after a few (many) passes with the box blade on the John Deere I borrowed from my uncle.


Checking to make sure I have the high spots knocked down enough for my air ride truck to smoothly make the drive. The shop will be behind where the truck is sitting in this pic.


I love to show off the truck so heres another....


Just a few extra pics.


I finally closed on my construction loan this morning. That makes Brad a more happy camper haha. Hopefully be getting some dirt hauled out later this week and maybe some concrete on the ground by next week if the weather cooperates and we all know how THAT can be this time of the year right? I am going to be building a 30x50x12 metal shop...ok I won't be but Rafter J Metal Works will be. My plans are to build on one end , a 1 bedroom "apartment" with a small kitchen/living room area. It will be basically 30x14 so a whopping 420 sq ft of living area for me lol. I will be psting some links to some pics of the progress as it gets going. As far as the title of this blog goes.....anyone who has ever closed on a loan knows the outrageous fees and such that come with a closing. I borrowed $22k to build this shop and the closing costs were almost as much as when I borrowed $77k to buy a house ...simply unreal. Of course they do let you keep the pretty pen you sign paper after paper with....I asked the girl if I could have a NEW pen since half the ink was gone from this one already lol.


-------------
Talked to the Okie Angel on the phone earlier and she is doing well. She should get to come home Friday sometime. She was resting and had been doing a bit of walking around earlier. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers for her. She is really quite a special young lady IMO.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool pix.. looks like it will be a great place:)

7:04 PM  
Blogger Robyn said...

=) It looks like it's coming along nicely. I'm so happy for you.

7:56 PM  
Blogger jillie said...

WOW...that's some driveway!

11:28 AM  
Blogger Breazy said...

WOW!!! I love the pics! It is beatiful there in Texas! I don't know how many new pics I will be downloading with this slow connection but I will try. So much has been done to my house since last I posted pics.

I still have to get my connection tweaked a bit because the speed still isn't at full dial-up potential.

Thanks for sharing with us and I have your friend in my prayers!

11:42 AM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

Things are going your way.....YAY!
Glad Christie is doing well too.
Have a great week Brad!
~xo

6:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home