Sunday, May 12, 2013

Smile already, slow burning fires and singles night

It just breaks my heart to see someone who has such a beautiful smile not use it. It seems like this person is mad at the world. Praying for her. :)
---------------------------------------------
Sin is like a slow burning fire. I had a dead tree fall along a fencerow recently and instead of cutting it up and piling it up to burn I decided to just burn it where it fell. As I watched the embers slowly burning this once mighty tree , I couldn't help but think this is how sin does us. It gets a tiny toe hold and slowly but surely invades every aspect of our lives until we are just ashes.
---------------------------------------------
Last Sunday was my first time to meet with our singles group in Denton. Brian Hackney had some encouraging words for us and I did get to chat with a few ladies there. Looking forward to next Sunday and getting to know some more people. We had a pretty good day in the Garage and Loft. God is still opening doors for me and giving me the courage to step through them. I am so blessed to get to work with the kiddos each week and their hugs and just the hang out time is such a huge part of my week. I cannot imagine NOT being in there with them. Thank you Jesus!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home