Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Got some more cleanup done on the land today. Took down about half the fence along the front and shredded all the sticker vines, poison oak and dead grass down. Looks so much better now. As soon as we get some rain to loosen the soil up I will get the box blade after that berm along the road ditch and bring it down a foot or so and kinda taper it to where it can be mowed more easily. Shredded a few rounds around the house pad and just generally cleaned stuff up today .....and of course watered the new bermuda grass.....beginning to think the grass could have waited but it will look nice and stop the erosion IF it ever rains again. I will try to get some pics of the front....I think I took some of it months ago before I started......who knows lol.
_______________________
Unsweetened tea.....why the hell would someone want tea thats not sweet? Is that unamerican or WHAT? Thats all on this subject cause I KNOW I am right. :P
________________________
Finally a judge with some common sense. A federal judge, miffed at the inability of opposing attorneys to agree on even the slightest details of a lawsuit, ordered them to settle their latest dispute with a game of "rock, paper, scissors."
The argument was over a location to take the sworn statement of a witness in an insurance lawsuit. In an order signed Tuesday, U.S. District Judge Gregory Presnell scolded both sides and ordered them to meet at a neutral location at 4 p.m. June 30 to play a round of the hand-gesture game often used to settle childhood disputes. If they can't agree on the neutral location, he said, they'll play on the steps of the federal courthouse.
The winner gets to choose the location for the witness statement.

Now why cant we get ALL cases decided this way........maybe thumb wrestle a few cases. Maybe pick the jury with a game of duck, duck, goose? Or how about a game of dodgeball....last ones left are the new jurors. Come on Judiciary branch...liven things up for us.
________________________
Funny thing happened on the way to Waco this one time.......to be continued.
________________________
Hope everyone is having a good week so far......did I mention I was on VACATION all week? I am thinking a nice trip to Lowes for tomorrow......no more breathing dust for me....for a few days anyway.

Y'all come back now (ciao was getting overused)
BKS

3 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

I hope you are having a great vacation. I love lowes. It's one of the best places to go to see hot men!! LOL Of course, if I tell my husband that...he won't ask me to go with him anymore! :)

8:46 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog.
I lived most of my life in CA, and I never drank anything but unsweet tea. THEN, we went on vacation to visit some of my dad's side of the family in MO and AR, and we had sweet tea. Also, I've been to SC and GA several times and LOVED the sweet tea I had there.
Now, I live in AR myself (since last July) and I fix nothing but sweet tea.
Sweet tea wins!! :-)

10:41 PM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

I hope you are having a great vacation.
If you were to come visit me, I would give you sweet tea. I always have some in my refrigerator here at the Castle.
~xo

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home