Monday, June 12, 2006

Walking (the line?, Tall?) proud





Not the best pic of Buford Pusser, but then again CAN there be a good pic of Buford Pusser? And definitely the BEST pic of Johnny Cash....hope you tied them in to the title line, otherwise you are scratching your head right now thinking "BKS has lost it".....wait you do that sometimes anyway you say? Show them how we feel Johnny!!!

I walk a lot. I walked 21 miles last week and that was taking one day off....cannot remember why I didn't walk that day....I might have walked and just didn't write it down on my calendar ( I always have to think twice about whether its calendar or calander....) I walked 4.5 miles Sunday evening and 2.5 miles of that was with one of, if not THE most favorite person of mine in the whole wide world. (yes she reads the blog from time to time now and yes I am kissing up) Seriously this person is one of the most considerate and caring people I have ever been around in my life. So many lines have been written and thrown away about this young lady. I have a few of them left but when most of them were written it was basically a temporary release....a vent if you will. I had so much love to give at the time but was afraid to give it for some reason. Such an awesome bundle of energy she was....high school cheerleader, she gave me free food from her job, we stole a car together one night, more free food.....the list of fun and valuable things go on and on. I would love to share some of the funny stories but will have to ask her permission since she checks in from time to time lol. I will share one slightly funny one on my part. The year was 1988 or 1989 (I had just started drinking alcohol a few months before this time) and I had a black 1988 GMC S15 with gray,purple and pink graphics (it was the 80's so shut it) It was lowered somewhat and on the tailgate I had the title of one of my favorite songs and also a motto of sorts...David Lee Roth had a song on his Skyscraper album called "Good Times" but in the song he sang this line: Those were good times,
Damn good times So naturally I HAD to have Damn Good Times plastered on my tailgate. Now none of you other than this person knows my parents. To them DAMN was a BAD curse word. My dad always said "SHHHT" and I being the unquestioning one took this to mean.....well hell I didnt even think about WHAT it meant it was just what you said when something went wrong. I guess it was better if you left the "i" out of it? Anyway I grew up thinking SHHHHT was a word of frustration so imagine my parents surprise when they saw the tailgate and once again Brad has gone off topic...

Now this tailgate lettering was done in HOT PINK letters ......and NO there was NOT a masculinity problem at all....I still love pink and purple TYVM....as long as black is also involved.... So I started dating Ms HotCheerleaderChick when she was still in HS. And she went to a small country church. So needless to say , since I was brought up in a small country church we would naturally go to church together sometime. Well our FIRST visit post "Damn Good Times tailgate" I had completely forgotten about the tailgate until I pulled up.....I had to leave the tailgate down so as not to draw attention to the horns sticking up through my skull....I told Kim at work it was the HALO rubbing the top of my forklift but she says it was the horns....(I should change my name to off-topic)....so anyway the tailgate was left down while we were at church of course and afterwards if we went it would be in her Pulsar. My horns started showing more after this though and I ran her off....oops those horns hurt sometimes and not just the ones outside them. AnywayI am POSITIVE she would want me to share our ZOO trip story...but that will be tomorrow nights episode....maybe....if she can contain herself and not tell it anonymously.....oh yeah.. she is also still quite athletic....you should see her jump a snake...
------------------------------------------
Today I was almost done with my first mile when the cell rings ( and right as I was getting in prime stalking position it alerted them to my presence)....it was my friend Jen from 25 miles away....only she was 1/2 mile away and was ready to walk....so her and her precious "Bug" stop by and walk a mile with me.....(Bug is such a cutie....wish I could share her pic here but Jen might kill me lol)...anyway had a nice conversation with Jen...several here have heard me speak of Jen before and so I do not have to tell you what the topic was........so we walk a mile and they head out to get ice cream ....and I continue on and do my 4 mile total for the day.
-------------------------------------------
My builder stopped by today around noonish and got the house plans and will begin getting my bid drawn up. He said everything looked good on it but we did change TWO things so far....did away with the storage room at front of garage and will replace it with a huge sink for washing hands,boots, etc....in other words a sort of mudroom without the "room". The other change was in the guest bathroom, I am going to go with a 10' ceiling and have a 2x3 or so fixed window up high, probably around 8' or so to let some natural light in without having to use drapes or shades. It will be the only window on the west side of the house and I will hopefully have it halfway shaded by an oak tree soon after the house is built.

I am heading out as son as daybreak rolls around to remove the fence along the front and to get that stuff shredded down and hopefully make it more presentable for when Heather the loan officer(or whoever comes out) to appraise the site and plans etc.More grass popping up each day so hopefully I will get a good stand of grass out of it yet. It does not take long for bermuda grass to spread although I will most likely have to do something else in the shaded part.....maybe a rock waterfall along that side with a nice koi pond at the bottom? All in due time right?

Godspeed
BKS

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is going to be one nice house when it is done ... :)

~Ciao love ;)

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home