Sunday, June 04, 2006

An inward look at myself

How many of use ever really truly look at ourselves as others might see us? I am not talking about the "wonder if she thinks I look handsome?" or "does she want to jump me right here and make love?" type of questions. I think someone looking at me sees sadness with a outer ring of happiness. In other words too often I put up a "halo" of sorts to make myself APPEAR happy to others. I am not truly happy as I can be though. I am alone. I hate being alone but I try to make it seem like I do not hate it but it shows to the observant eye (and now to the ones who read this blog...both of them). I shared a portion of a Maya Angelou poem with a Gem of a friend this afternoon. Remarkable how some poems hit so close to home. I hope she does not mind me sharing this portion of it with everyone else as well. Its not like the poem cannot be found in its entirety on the
Interweb .
Alone by Maya Angelou

Lying, thinking
Last night
How to find my soul a home
Where water is not thirsty
And bread loaf is not stone
I came up with one thing
And I don't believe I'm wrong
That nobody,But nobody
Can make it out here alone.
Alone, all alone
Nobody, but nobody
Can make it out here alone
Now if you listen closely
I'll tell you what I know
Storm clouds are gathering
The wind is gonna blow
The race of man is suffering
And I can hear the moan,
'Cause nobody,
But nobody
Can make it out here alone.
Alone, all alone
Nobody, but nobody
Can make it out here alone
________________________________


Such a brilliant woman is she. Now looking back in at myself, I do feel alone but knowing I am so far from being alone in this feeling makes me feel strangely alive...like although I am alone, there are so many others like myself who fear being alone yet continue on the path to happiness. Sometimes this path will cross anothers path but every once in a while these paths cross at the exact moment the other person is coming to the intersection too....that, my friend is what I am looking for....the intersection of my path with the one who will make me NOT alone....two paths converging as one....a larger path, filled with even more happiness....real happiness ...and no more "alone". Now who else is on these paths right now? Come lets go for a walk and see if our paths might cross.

Scary what one sees when looking inwardly huh? Even more scary is sharing your vulnerabilities and weaknesses. I am not scared of this at all though for the most part. I am most scared of dying alone.

Stoney

7 Comments:

Blogger Robyn said...

I've learned in my life that you're never alone. Although you may be the only "person" around... the love of others is always with you.. And cheesy as that may sound it really is true.

But I know what your saying about needing company also.
=)

3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

her poetry is beautiful thank u so much for sharing with me.the look inward sometimes is very difficult for us to do for the simple fact of the pain it creates.u know where im at and know how much i feel what u say.i to have a poem to share:
I am not lonely
I am alone
I don’t know if this is enlightenment
Perhaps I have grown
Brick after brick I stack making a wall
Safety from paths and people that lead no where at all
Someone once said to thy self be true
So I Build a wall around me it’s all I can do
Shelter a refuge a safe place in the storm
Alone behind my wall is the only place I find warm
Many will try to brake through this wall
The batter rams and Trojan horses will have no luck at all
Mrs. Right or Mrs. Right now it will end the same way
Just temporary never here to stay
No hearts ache or hurt feelings
Just numbness sweet bliss
Don’t take it personal if I seem cold to you
Its not you it’s me just me building a wall
It’s all I can do.
this was written by a dear friend of mine and i just wanted to share it with u....always remember we sleep under the same blanket of stars...loves ya....

4:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how amazing you write about an author I have studied. Maya Angelou, born Marguerita Johnson in 1928. Our English 1301 class just read and discussed one of her short stories, Finishing School. This very awesome writer also wrote "On the Pulse of the Morning" for Bill Clinton's 1993 presidental inauguration. Indeed, she is an awesome person....

8:43 PM  
Blogger BKS said...

Maybe we can talk Maya(n) on a relaxing walk sometime Ms Anonymous (wink wink)

Odd some of the coincidences we come across sometimes huh? :D

BKS

9:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I completely understand that you feel you are alone.......however as long as I am around you are not alone.......... May not be around but you can always rest assure....you are always in my heart. Keep me there and you will never be alone. I am sure there are other friends that will not let you die alone either.......

I will give you a little insight on my end.... just because you are not alone in this journey of life doesnt mean you dont feel alone. So surrounding yourself with someone else is not always the answer to being alone.......just being together.

7:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

10:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home