Saturday, July 15, 2006

Horoscope, tour de Paris, and waxing

Had to chuckle a bit when I saw todays horoscope after lastnight/early this mornings little meeting with K. Here it is "You're already moving on, but someone from your past wants another chance. Remind them that forgiving doesn't always mean forgetting -- or picking up where you two left off. You have greener pastures to explore." Now this is such nice news is it not? lol
------------------
The 22nd annual Tour de Paris bike race took place today. The 40k portion of the race goes right in front of my land and I had went out early this morning to water my new grass and to clay bar and wax my truck while the sprinkler ran. Got to see about I guess 100 or so riders go by on the 40k portion and could see the rest of the longer routes (70k and 100k) riders pass by on the highway east of me. Had a few people stop and actually chat for a minute....I think one was from the Dallas area and the other was from Houston. Very friendly ladies and I think I had almost talked into playing in the sprinkler but they said they must ride along....not long afterwards the sheriff drove by looking my way. I am sure it was a coincidence......right? I wish I had remembered the race was today and I could have gotten some good pics. Last I heard they were expecting anywhere from 600-800 riders. Its grown to be quite a large race and draws people from quite a few states. Hopefully next year when they have it I will have my residence established and we can sit out front shooting people with water guns and heckling them......just kidding!!!! (maybe)
-------------------------
Used the clay bar on the 95 Chevy and boy did it help it. The clay bar for those of you who haven't a clue pulls all the built in impurities out of the paint and leaves a remarkbly smooth finish to which the new coat of wax can be applied. It is simply a bar of clay that you use after spraying some detail spray on the paint and rub it back and forth to pull all sorts of things such as sap, bug splats, pretty much anything that is not supposed to be there. Then a nice coat of Nano wax from Eagle One and she is shining like a new penny.....except shes white........and a lot larger......and worth a bit more..........and now I don't want to sell her lol. Had a guy from work stop by and chat for a bit also. Had no idea he knew where my land was as he lives about 25 miles away but we had a good visit. He gave me a hard time about my cast and using it to get out of working overtime. This is our busy time of the year and believe me when I say I love this time of year.....when I can work and make the extra cash. Not loving it right now but hopefully within a few weeks I can get back to work and sop up some of that gravy money.

Ciao
Brad (or Henrique)

4 Comments:

Blogger Lee Ann said...

Love your poems...great hnt pictures too Brad!

7:13 PM  
Blogger Robyn said...

So you waxed your truck with one arm? Thats a pretty good feat in my book.
You know.. you put up your horoscope all the time... figured I'd share one of my horoscope stories. When my husband and I went on our first date and first got together, my best friend HATED him. Well my horoscope the day of our first date said something like
"you'll meet the man of your dreams today, and although your friends may not understand it yet, this will be a turning point in your life"
It's the only time it's ever been like dead on.... =)

6:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

prob not the best time and place to share a thought, but when have i ever claimed to be punctual. a lot of things have moved me today including u as always, so thats why i felt it fitting to take up some of ur time and space to share a little something i came up with tonight....

a heart so pure
a love so bold
how can life be so cold

out of the darkness shines a glimer of hope
reaching for the one willing to cope

from the darkness he takes her hand
holding her close for he understands

he has been here before, a lost soul looking for the way
knowing what canters through her mind each and every day

he is as scared as she
but his demons will not set him free

for love had come and left
leaving nothing but a victim of theft

today is like all the rest
as a tear falls to her breast

she wishes to replace the fear
with songs of glorious cheer

as he crawls off in a slumber
she is left to only wonder

will he ever feel her love
and send her sailing on the wings of a dove....

thank u so much for showing me a way to express a few thoughts and feelings...ur a true friend even though we fuss, i look fwd to reading ur words and hope one day my expressions can be so great....loves ya

10:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home