Thursday, July 27, 2006

No HNT for me this week......

I know you are thinking..."you've been off work for nearly 3 weeks and you still cannot find time for ONE pic?" Its not really that I have not had time but just not feeling real ....sharing I guess is a good word right now. Its been a bit of a rollercoaster ride the last few weeks. I admit I love rollercoasters and adrenalin but not this type of coaster. Anyway I will try to get out of the funk and get back to HNT'ing next week.

------------------------------
Sitting here waiting on my friend Brian to come by so we can load up a car I sold to a guy in Garland (near Dallas) and deliver it. Truck is still for sale of course and have had a lot of people looking at it on the www.mautofied.com site but so far no takers. I was offered a really nice 99 Xtreme s10 in trade for it and it IS black but I had to pass. Does not get me any closer to where I am aiming right now.
-------------------------------
Not much else going on other than cleaning up some before Dusty and Russell arrive tomorrow evening. Another good car weekend in store hopefully with car show at the civic center on Saturday and later on Saturday be watching some good street car racing (hopefully) out at Paris Drag Strip. I am sure there will be some alcohol involved along the way but not for me this weekend. Maybe one or two but nothing close to the last time the Tyler crew came to Paris lol.

I would like to share a few quotes I found online. I cannot "pretty them up" like Becca does but the beauty is truly in the words in these quotes. Enjoy

--------------------------
The heart, like the grape, is prone to delivering its harvest in the same moment it appears to be crushed.

-Roger Houseden
--------------------------
Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things only hoped for.

-Epicurus
--------------------------
True friendship is like sound health; the value of it is seldom known until it be lost.

-Charles Caleb Colton
--------------------------
and one of my favorites........
Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.

-Marcel Proust

Hope everyone has a great weekend coming up and get out there and LIVE. Its way better than the alternative

Brad

12 Comments:

Blogger Pud said...

I'll be looking forward to next week's HNT.

8:43 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Awesome quotes sweetie...I *especially* like the Epicurus one....may I borrow it?

9:20 AM  
Blogger BKS said...

I am sure Epicurus will not mind.....I did not ask him so maybe he won't get mad. Seems I was about 2300 years or so too late to enjoy a conversation with him.

Each quote made me think of a particular person and yes you picked yours out properly.;)

Brad

9:47 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.

I like this one a lot :)

10:08 AM  
Blogger Phain said...

hnt or not...i still like stopping by to read ;)

10:45 AM  
Blogger Jinsane said...

No need to apologize. I've had my own roller coaster going for about two years now and I'm dizzy as hell! LOL

11:02 AM  
Blogger Suze said...

Missing you. I hope you are feeling better soon. We all have our up and down days. Take care.

Happy HNT sweetie ;)

11:21 AM  
Blogger Polt said...

Loved the quotes. So, even though there's not photo, I'm still gonna wish you a...

HAPPY HNT!

11:28 AM  
Blogger Brown eyed girl said...

Happy HNT!
I'll be back, come see me!

12:40 PM  
Blogger Leesa said...

Great quotes :) HHNT

5:41 PM  
Blogger Nessa said...

wow......i think that last comment was actually a spam........love the quotes........and so true....Love you bunches.....

6:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home