Wednesday, September 13, 2006

HNT#14 in celebration of World naked gardening day

Our ordinary mind always tries to persuade us that we are nothing but acorns and that our greatest happiness will be to become bigger, fatter, shinier acorns; but that is of interest only to pigs. Our faith gives us knowledge of something better: that we can become oak trees.- E.F. Schumacher

Character is like a tree and reputation like a shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.- Abraham Lincoln

Last week Os asked us to do our HNT pics with some relation to the world naked gardening day which was last saturday. Well it just so happens last saturday I took the time to do a little gardening of sorts. I dug a few holes to plant some trees on my almost 5 acres. As I was digging I happened to think how nicely that would fit in with this weeks HNT.....(that and the fact that I had nothing else to offer up in regards to gardening). So here I am digging a hole in which a small oak tree will be planted very soon. True it will be years before I can sit under this beautiful tree and enjoy its shade. Just like so many things in life its not an instant gratification. So many things now days are and we appreciate those things less than things that it takes time to nurture.....anything worth anything in this world for the most part requires patients. And how we tend to it during its early years leads it to be what it is later in life. One day these tiny holes I dug will be covered in leaves and grass and be the most coveted part of my yard during the hot summer months. Until then I can only nurture them to provide the best hope for the young trees.



And of course no HNT would be Chelle correct without the pics I did not use but did use. Chelle will be famous for this one day and I am doing my part to help her haha.


Wondering what this HNT stuff is all about? Check out the link on my sidebar and it will all become crystal clear.

22 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Brad, being your newest fan has it's advantages. I have to say I'm officially hooked :) thanks for making HNT my new favorite day of the week.

7:07 PM  
Blogger Miss R said...

Nicely done. HHNT!

8:04 PM  
Blogger Phain said...

instant gratification isn't always what it's cracked up to be. patience is difficult to learn but very satisfying once perfected. *~*happy hnt*~*

8:18 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Wowzers!!! Makes me wanna get out there and do some gardening.....need another "ho"? LMAO

hhnt ;)

8:52 PM  
Blogger Brown eyed girl said...

Great photos! Very nice chest and shoulders!
Happy HNT!
~xo

8:53 PM  
Blogger S said...

Planting a tree, right on! HHNT!

9:05 PM  
Blogger Px said...

HHNT
if i need a hand gardening i'll give you a shout

3:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohmagawd! Look at those muscles. Very hot!

5:19 AM  
Blogger Robyn said...

sexy gardener.. hehe =) HHNT!

5:22 AM  
Blogger Gem said...

great pics, HHNT. oh and its a whopping 18 miles...lol.....

6:54 AM  
Blogger Suze said...

Do you need a ho? I'm available any time just call.

Happy HNT sweetie ;)

8:51 AM  
Blogger The Middle Child said...

Happy HNT and Happy Shoveling...
Not gonna bury any bodies are ya?

10:31 AM  
Blogger Stealth said...

I loved this post and this pictures. 5 acres and one shovel..that is alot of sweat and blisters...


Kudos to you! This is completely awesome!

11:03 AM  
Blogger betchacantguesswho said...

Nice torso you got going on there. Loved the post as well.

Happy HNT

12:13 PM  
Blogger Hoochie Mama said...

Great job! :)

Happy HNT!

1:31 PM  
Blogger lime said...

very nice. i do love oak trees, which is good considering my property is full of them.

HHNT

6:18 PM  
Blogger CeeCi said...

I'm diggin' these pictures! May your oak grow to be a mighty tree. Happy HNT!!

7:23 PM  
Blogger Spinning Girl said...

Woo hoo! WORK that shovel.

7:55 PM  
Blogger AnnieAngel said...

Oh, there's nothing like a man who not only has a shovel, but who's not afraid to use it!!!!!!

HHNT!

8:48 PM  
Blogger C said...

I love the way you grip that shaft. ;-)I think my fave is actually the pic you did not use but did use #1 (2nd pic in the post)

HHNT!! :-)

9:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perfect nekkid-gardening :)

8:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy late HNT ... and that would be .. PE-CANs to us Georgia girls. ;)

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home