Monday, September 11, 2006

Proud to be 100 % AMERICAN



Twins
Once the most majestic
Of twins on this Earth
Then an act , terroristic
To a war gave birth
Thousands suffered losses
Like never known here before
Burns, suffocation among causes
The suffering we couldn't ignore
Now five years have passed
since that late summer day
Flags again at half mast
Their honor we cannot repay.
Will we ever forget this?
So many had long lives to live
Taken away by this act of cowardice
But God says we should forgive.
Forgiveness is so hard for some
Afraid it shows a weakness
Others know that THEIR time comes
They WILL face a fate of bleakness.
Remember how patriotic we all felt weeks and months after this cowardly attack on our neighbors..our comrades....our people. How many of us still feel as strongly patriotic today? And why have we gone back to the almost robotic movements we all took part in before this tragedy? Take the time today and every day to make friends and smile at someone you normally would not even make eye contact with ....say hello to them....make small talk. Just don't wait on another tragedy to prove to the world how great this country is. We are one people....we are AMERICANS....not African Americans......not Mexican Americans..........we AMERICANS. Be proud of it!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Gem said...

love your poem as always, God bless America!!!!

Gem ;)

3:48 PM  
Blogger EdotR said...

I totally agree that we should take the time to be 'human' and be sensible...

7:08 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I'm not an American....however....I don;'t think that you have to be an american for this to have had an effect. I know it has on me.

10:09 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This is truly beautiful, and truly touching. I'm bringing us together. All the stories and tributes. For all to see.

10:40 AM  
Blogger The Teacup Cottage said...

As military spouse it is hard for me to see people forget the tragedy of that day, especially when my husband is deployed, fighting to protect others. Thanks for taking up the cause.

11:24 AM  
Blogger Robyn said...

It's terrible at the things that happen sometimes. I still remember that day though. Seans uncle was working in the pentagon when it was hit.. luckily he survived it. I do have to say though, that I hate it when people only mention the towers.. there were two other planes.
Yay america!

11:56 AM  
Blogger C said...

MuNKi and I are both ex-military. Needless to say, I think America rocks!

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home