Friday, September 15, 2006

A picture is worth 1000 words....

I took this pic out the window of the Yukon at about 60 mph....the last rays of light of the day can sometimes be the best ones.
Seems these fellows are on strike.....or waiting for some new roadkill.....I counted about 63 here and most of these things have a wingspan of 4 feet or so so you imagine the noise they make when taking off. This is about a mile from my land along a creek that runs at the west end of my parents land.

A view I will enjoy many many times once I get my home built. This is a slightly zoomed in view looking west from where my front porch will one day be. I have picked many thousands of pounds of pecans (Pa CONS not pa CANS ) from those trees the sun is setting behind.


A real life size view of the same vantage point..ok maybe 4 steps north haha



I figured I would share a few pics I took today. I am being lazy as far as poems lately so just deal with it. haha
Sunset
So many varied colors you can have
So many shades of red
How can something so far away
Lay such heat upon my head.
You burn me in the daytime
Make me swear and shake my fist
But come this time of evening
I am awed when in your midst
You make this time of day
Feel so melancholy
Yet so spiritual at times too
As you and the moon play out your volley.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You choose your words so well, and great eye for photos :)

10:04 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I love the pictures Brad. THanks for sharing them with us!! :)

10:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome pics...and the poem is great :)
You'll have an great view one day!

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home