Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Indian territory revisited and getting ready for NITRO in the morning

As many of you (both) might have read I went to the Indian territory of Oklahoma monday evening to meet a charming young lady. Here (through the bug splattered windshield) is the sign showing I am indeed in Indian territory.....rumor has it this area might be a state one day.
After meeting my friend and a brief conversation at her apartment we head on down to the Bearcat for dinner. Now I have heard fairly good reviews of this place before from a few people but I guess they had an "off night" as the food was a bit cool but was good. Maybe the Microwave was on the way out or something haha. Anyway after we ate we decided to drive north a short ways to the big "town" of Moyers. This it the view out the same bug splattered windshield. I really need to wash the Yukon haha. I love this area of Oklahoma....low hills and lots of rocks.

At a small church in Moyers I saw this nice monument. I had let Christie take over the picture taking duties and I think she did a nice job.:D On the way back from Moyers I saw something I had never seen before in the wild.....a huge tarantula crossing the road. We dont have or I have never seen these anyway in my area. Then again I have never seen any rattlesnakes on this side of the Red River except out west and south in the hill country. I wish I would have gotten a pic of this huge spider crssing the road. He was visible from a good ways away and if I had to guess he was about the size of my hand.


Since Antlers, OK claims to be the Deer Capital of the World, they HAVE to have something related to deer in this fair community right? This is where the Deer Park comes in. These are Fallow deer not native to the area or even the US for that matter. Mainly whitetail deer and they were on the other side of this beautiful log cabin structure that was built but unfinished on the inside. We admired the deer for a bit while some pee wee football practices were being held across the street. I love small town USA.



We then headed north again on another road and this is the iron bridge we would have been on if we had continued......we didn't and instead decided to stop and enjoying what COULD have been a beautiful park area along the lazy (this day anyway) Kiamichi River. There was a nice old swinging bridge over a little creek feeding the river that I thought about trying but those planks looked a bit old and a few were already broken and I did not feel like riding in an ambulance this day. We then headed back to her apartment and decided to visit and watch a movie. The feature presentation for the evening was Man of the House featuring one of my favorites Tommy Lee Jones. Oh and the cute cheerleaders were not too bad either (Christina Milian=yummy). After the movie we chatted for a while and I decided I best get on the road. Now just at the edge of Antlers is the Indian Nation Turnpike which has a speed limit of 75........I have been passed on this road doing 90 before so I decided to let the Yukon make up some time on the way back....this is not the fastest I was going but it was close.....I did not make triple digits although on this super highway it would have seemed comfortable for long stretches. Made it back to Paris in time to change clothes and head to work. Thanks for the tour of your lovely little piece of small town USA Ms Christie and hopefully we can explore more sometime soon. Maybe head on up towards Talimena drive some weekend. :D
I am getting sooooo close to feeling the awesomeness of the 6000+ hp of nitro burning dragsters....just a few short days before we head down south to the Texas Motorplex for a day of racing. I am getting the camera emptied and might even go buy a new memory card and another set of batteries just to make sure I dont miss any of the action. Oh and of course need some pics from the locally famous BONEDADDYS .....
Hope everyone is having a great week.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The evening with you was great. Being a tourguide for my little town wasn't as hard a job as some might think. I truly enjoyed showing you around Antlers, and maybe next time we can eat somewhere that will serve us a hot meal :) The bridge pic has to be my fave although I'm thinking one of you on the bridge would have been cool. Thank you for the great date!

8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home