Sunday, September 17, 2006

Monday plans , new track, and some rain

We finally got some good soaking rain today......have not heard any amounts yet but any amount is a relief. It was so nice hearing the rain hitting the skylight when I awoke this afternoon. I wish I had my camera with me this morning when I left work. The sky was a brilliant orangish yellow....if you have ever looked through a pair of polarized sunglasses you double or triple that effect and thats about what it looked like.....the clouds were awesome as the leading edge of the rain moved to the west of us. I guess I should put the camera in the Yukon just in case huh?





The nice looking eye candy above will suffer tomorrow.....we are meeting for dinner in the deer capital of the world (they say) Antlers, OK. She has been bored out of her mind the last week or so reading every post I have made....she skipped through looking for the letters H, N, and T for some reason. :P

Funny how small a world we live in sometimes. Been exchanging emails with this nice young lady named Sandra for a few days and it turns out she lives a few miles from my land out south of town AND graduated with my daughters mom which means I went to her graduation haha. Truly funny how we meet "strangers" online we turn out to know already.

I am hoping to meet a certain blogger friend for lunch or a lunchtime stroll sometime this week also. I found this new little gem of a track that basically noone knows about yet. It is by the civic center and circles the softball fields and meanders back through some tall oak and cedar trees. I am estimating it to be about 3/4 mile long. Plus it has the nice restroom facilities complete with nice cold water fountains AND a small little lake at the end.....which as of now the trail does not go to but I walked down to it anyway this morning. Some nice size lily pads and a decent size dock. I cannot wait to see what else they have in store for this area. I have heard through the grapevine they are going to host a national archery tournament here in March and there will be even more trails branching off the one I mentioned above for the archers. If they develop it right this could be an amazing jewel in an already nice crown of a park. I of course have no pics yet but the next trip I will surely take the camera. Thats THREE nice tracks within a 1/2 mile of each other and each one has a different "personality".

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eye candy huh? I think that might be the first time I've been referred to as eye candy. As for suffering tomorrow, I'm hoping it will be nothing of the sort. :)

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home