Wednesday, November 15, 2006

House plans,Dogs and bumpers

Ok since Sandi insisted heres a blog update.....(oh and because that I am home and bored). My contractor told me that the house bid should come in 6-8% less than the previous bid because lumber prices had dropped quite a bit. Well I got the actual printed bid from him. Seems it is HIGHER than the first bid. It is coming in around $114000 now. While not out of my price range its more than I was wanting to have to finance right now so now I will most likely go another route. I might do most of the work myself after the outside structure is done. I am going to price a metal building somewhere around a 40x55 or so and go from there. Of course doing it this way it wont look as asthetically pleasing but I will have a large full length front and back porch and can finish out the inside as the money comes along. Wont have to worry with painting it or replacing shingles ever haha. Anyway thats where the house plans stand for now.
-------------
I was leaving Ms Sandra's house last night around 9ish. She was tired and sleepy so I left early so she could rest and relax some. Well about 2 miles from her house, a almost solid black dog appears on MY side of the yellow line and I see him a half second before my bumper mows him down. I saw brown markings similar to a Rottweiler and the size was about typical of a Rott also. Needless to say a 60-70 lb dog versus a 5500 lb SUV going 60 mph should spell out DEAD DOG. Well I stopped and looked at the damage done to my Yukon.....pushed the bumper back about 2-3 inches, loosened the grille, havent took the time to look and see if it dented the left front fender yet. I was a bit pissed to say the least. I turned around with the intentions of making sure this stupid dog was dead and if he wasnt I was going to(under the guise of doing whats right) put him out of his misery via some solid headstomps and maybe some blows with a flashlight. Now I am sure everyone will have a much different opinion than myself about this subject but I feel absolutely no remorse or feel sorry for the dog in any way. In fact the owners, if I can locate them might just have to answer in court to fix the truck if they dont offer to do so anyway. I hear you now....."its a dog and they run loose like that...." True and if this same dog had attacked your kid and bite him would you feel the same way? If a cow gets out of the pasture and someone hits it then the owner of the cow is responsible. I feel the same way about dogs. When I had my black lab before I spent a lot of money on a shock collar and radio fence just to make sure my dog stayed in her yard. She ventures a bit far.....collar gives her a little jolt she runs back to the safety of her yard. Simple as that. I will go tomorrow and get the estimate and see what the damage truly is. Lets just say Brad is not a happy camper.
------------

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH man.. that sucks.
Hope it isn't too expensive to fix.

I think your idea for your house sounds cool. I had some friends in Kansas who did that very same thing.

9:21 PM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

Have a wonderful weekend!
~xo

7:35 PM  
Blogger Robyn said...

I hear ya.... I do feel bad for the dog though.. but that's cuz I feel bad for any animal in pain... But I agree with ya.. if you want a pet it's your responsibility to make sure it's properly restrained and cared for correctly.

The house plans sound good... hopefully they work out like you've got planned. =)
have a great weekend hun.

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home