Friday, November 17, 2006

How stupid do they think MOST of us are?

Once again the American consumer gets price gouged by big business in the form of the new Sony playstation thats just been released. It always seems the most popular games or toys of the coming holiday shopping season is never "fully stocked" cause of some shortage for some wild reason. I am so glad I, nor anyone I shop for, actually fall for this GIMMICK the big companies throw at the consumers. One website I saw said that these games were going for $10k on Ebay.....Am I missing something here? People in CT were robbed at gunpoint by thieves knowing these people might just have the $600 or more in cash and one person was even shot when he/she refused to give up his money. I am also not a big fan of what is now referred to as Black Friday or to any foreign readers the friday after Thanksgiving when supposedly the retailers make up for their sluggish sales up until that point and finally get the profits "in the black". As stated I am glad I am not one of these poor souls who will wait in lines for DAYS in order to get a GAME or a CHANCE to get a game. If these people were this resilient on some WORTHWHILE causes just imagine how much better this place called Earth would be. Stepping off the soap box now....
-----------
Took Ashley and her best friend Taylor to another of her friends birthday party tonight. It amazes me sometimes being around these kids. I know so many of you have kids who have gone through these years already but it is still fun to watch this young lady who can be such a baby when it comes to pain....who can be such a mama's girl when at home alone.......how she can turn into such a social butterfly.....going from larvae to a beautiful monarch butterfly in what seems like minutes. They had great time, and Ashley and Taylor were asleep within minutes of me getting them back home. They completely forgot about the pizza they had put in the oven. I had to go wake these 12 year old party animals up so they could eat the pizza. Ahhhh the life of a kid.....they get mad if you don't fix them certain foods....then they get "mad" if you wake them up to eat their favorites that they themselves had just placed in the oven just minutes earlier. Again I am sure some of you laugh at me and just say " Thats just teens/preteens being themselves" but it is new to me so I share it with you. If things work out tomorrow we will be going to Dallas to see the new Happy Feet movie at the Imax. Hopefully that will happen and then maybe take Ashley and Taylor (if she goes with us )to the Galleria mall for some ice skating. No this author will NOT be joining in......ok if they smile that pretty smile and ask nicely I am sure I might give it a whirl (literally)

5 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Did I miss something?? Did you suddenly get married and have kids of what??? You are living the married life my friend.....whether you realize it or not. Hmmmm married?? or whipped??? LOL hehe

10:51 PM  
Blogger Robyn said...

Ice skating and me spell disaster... lol I've stopped even trying to master it anymore.. =)

I've found one of the most rewarding parts of watching a child grow is being able to first hand see all the changes take place like that. It's a feeling that just can't be described... =)

Thanksgiving is going to be awesome for you this year!

7:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have never in my life ice skated. or been on skis.. I would imagine there is a reason for that..lol.. I am sure I would get hurt.

Be careful out there!

7:38 PM  
Blogger Sandi said...

YAWN AGAIN!

BTW...TAG you are it!

xoxo:)

7:12 PM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

Happy Thanksgiving sweetie!
Have fun and be safe!
~xo

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home