Saturday, November 25, 2006

Heres some Thanksgiving football pics (and my weekly post haha)

Hope everyone had HALF as good of a Thanksgiving week/weekend as I did. Went to my parents house on Thursday for some front yard football, lots of turkey, ham, dressing,potato salad....well you get the picture. I was able to sit out most of the football festivities for the first time in many years as we had a few more willing participants this time. Among these were my mid 40's cousin Jim. Lets just say I am guessing Jim THOUGHT he was back in high school in Wolfe City on Thursday but by Friday morning was laying on a heating pad haha. Ashley seemed to have a great time.....this girl has the most amazing smile and so genuine. Here is one of her weaker efforts and also my cousins boy J.T.

Two worlds colliding here in this pic. With the ball is J.T.'s younger brother Jake. Doing the all out hardnose tackle is my lil 6 year old nephew Sasha. For anyone not looking at the script Sasha was adopted from Russia in March of this year. This child is amazing in how fast he has picked up the English language. I am quite proud to say I am his Uncle Brad for sure.


I have a few more pics to post up and will try to do that sometime in the next few days. Thursday evening we went about8 miles away from my parents to Sandra's grandparents house for some socializing, snacking and me being the only one in the household cheering AGAINST the Cowboys. Her grandmother said I best straghten up and fly right. I think she meant it. Played a few games of Uno with some of the kids and just hung out. Found out one of her cousins is a guy I knew from when I was in HS and was first time I had seen him in many years. Truly a small world to be such a big place haha.
---------
Friday rolls around and I head back out to my parents house to play some foot/basket/baseball with Sasha while my brother and sister-in-law are in town doing some Santa shopping. I am Sasha's only playmate this day so I decide to make the LONG 3 mile drive to Sandra's house so Sasha and Ashley can play some on the trampoline. We also watched a Garfield movie (which was quite good surprisingly) and he has a root beer which I was told when I took him back home that they could not believe cause he never has it at home. Friday evening rolls around and her family starts rolling in. I had met all but one her relatives who were here visiting this time. We played a few games of 42 (me and Sandys grandma won 5 straight games btw) and then enjoyed another wonderful and bountiful meal. Her uncle Tommy had fixed this turkey that would almost melt in your mouth.....most of the time I skip the turkey and head for the ham.....good thing he was behind me in line and insisted I try it. Afterwards we play some more 42 (Nanny and my luck runs out) while some of the others play another domino game called chicken foot. Late this evening after everyone has left, I sit down with them to watch the awesome movie called Cars. Ok I watched the movie and Sandra and her mom both fall asleep haha. I will most definitely be buying this movie soon!! Anyway it was a nice end to two days of overindulgence....lots of pecan pie, chess pie, cherry cheesecake, sugar cookies,banana pudding........sooooo much more that I didn't even try. I feel like I gained 2 lbs just typing that last line.
---------
Enough for now!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Glad things are going so well for you Brad.

4:19 AM  
Blogger Moosekahl said...

I love the pictures of the kids playing ball...that's what Turkey Day should be about. And I didn't get to watch the game but my sister who is a Cowboy's fan was nice enough to call me every once in a while to rub it in that they won and my boys lost.

9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

=) Aww.. looks like fun.. Glad your holiday went so well. =)

9:04 AM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

Awesome sweetie, glad you had a super Thanksgiving!
~xo

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home