Saturday, March 17, 2007

Okie Angel, Ms Vicki and the story of the green

I had a wonderful day (half day) with my Okie Angel , Ms Christie today. This was our second "date" and she came down here this time. Had a great late lunch /early dinner at my second favorite place to eat in Paris which is a local establishment called Magel's Grill. The place was practically deserted when we arrived around 4 pm. We were just getting back from a short drive to the country to show her my land and future home. We also go to see my brother and lil nephew Sasha as we drove by my parents house. I am sure I will hear about not stopping to chat with everyone tomorrow when I head out there. Didn't want to overwhelm my Okie friend with my family just yet haha. After our meal we proceeded to the beautiful downtown area of Paris and I showed off parts of my hometown just as she had done in September of last year when I went to Indian Territory to visit her. We then took a leisurely drive out to the nearest lake and drove through some of the loops and then proceeded to wind back toward town via the long way around as I showed her some of the awesome houses of this area. She got a call saying her uncle was having some problems and she had to get back to help her mom with him so we had to cut it short. I want to thank her for a wonderful date and looking forward to getting to know her more and more in the future!

-----------
I got another little bonus surprise just moments ago when I got a phone call from a girl I went out with a few times when she lived here in HS (so many years ago it seems) and lives in Columbus GA now. We got to talk for about 30 minutes and kinda catch up on things going on and even mentioned maybe getting together if possible sometime this summer maybe in FL to hang out for a few days maybe. She works for AFLAC and I of course had to ask if they had plans to kill that damn duck anytime ssoon......nothing in the works right now but if she heard something she would let me know haha. Anyway not sure if she still reads the blog but thanks for a nice conversation Vicki!
------------
Update on the house? ummmmm I have a trailer load of metal and some equipment out there. I have to do some adjusting to my temporary power pole before they will hook the juice to it so hopefully Johnny will be getting started sometime within the next few days. The weather here has been a bit cooler last few days but still the highs have been near 70 so I guess I shouldn't complain right? haha

Happy St Patricks day (for 30 more minutes) to everyone. Interestingly enough we celebrate his anniversary of his death. St Patrick was born around the year 385...yes three eighty five is correct. His name was originally Maewyn. He was once a slave and escaped to study under St German in a monastery in Gaul. After twelve years of this he returned to Ireland to set up missions and spread Christianity to the pagan people of Ireland. He served the country in this capacity for 30 years before his death in 461 on March 17th and since then it has been a holiday.
One of the traditonal items we associate with Ireland and St Patricks day is the shamrock. St Patrick used the three leaf clover to associate with the Trinity and how the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit could exist as seperate elements of the same entity. This is what started the wearing of the green on his day of celebration. The first celebration in USA of this holiday took place MANY decades later of course in the year 1737 when it was first publicly celebrated in Boston, MA.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad to hear you had a great time on your date and that is some interesting info on st patricks day,

Gem ;)

6:33 AM  
Blogger lime said...

glad you had a fun date even if it was cut short. please don't hurt the duck. i think he's cute. lol

10:50 AM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

Glad you are having some fun.
Have a great week!

8:51 PM  
Blogger Breazy said...

Hey Brad! It is raining out and I am in for the night since I have been over at the house all day so I thought I would get on. I can't wait to see more pics of your shop. As you read on my blog, I should be back to blogging in a couple of weeks. See ya then!

6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home