Thursday, August 17, 2006

Did I mention it was hot...? and the Pedigree diet

Just got off the phone from checking on my mom. She had a small day surgery on one of her knees yesterday. She mentioned that their weather station (which is actually in the shade btw) has measured 107 for the past two days for the high. It did get all the way down to 82 here last night and at 9:30 pm its still 93 or so. This has definitely been as dry as I can ever remember it being in my 36 years (37 in a few weeks). Guy from work was telling us about all the fish he caught last week only to have to throw them all back. He said the ticks were too bad on them to mess with. Ok so maybe its not QUITE that dry yet. The local lake is down to one boat ramp and I have heard rumors it will be closed in a day or so with no large rainfall. So easy to see how the great dust bowl got started back in the 30's.
---------------------------------
Joke of the day

A guy was standing in line at the grocery store waiting to checkout and lady in f ront of him is looking at a diet magazine. He tells her "As good as those diets are none can compare to the Pedigree diet. I lost over 50 lbs in a month on that diet and was healthier than ever before in my life until I had to go to the hospital."

"Pedigree diet?" she asks. Definitely got the curiousity stirred of all the people in line now. He said "Yes ma'am I ate only Pedigree dog food for a month and lost over 50 lbs until the hospital stay"

Guy at the back of the line starts snickering as the others close in for more information. One lady asks..." well was the hospital stay because of you eating dog food for a month and not human food?"

"well in a way I guess you could say it was.........I had just finished a big bowl and was sitting in the street licking my balls when I was hit by a car"
---------------------------
Please just let me know if I should not share anymore jokes.:D

Brad

2 Comments:

Blogger Robyn said...

lmao!
I hope you all get some rain too... I hate it outside whenit's so dry... ugh.

7:50 AM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

Hope your mom is doing good.
I heard that joke the other day, thanks for the laugh...
Stay cool and have a good weekend.
~xo

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home