Monday, August 14, 2006

Flood in Texas and a school daze meme

So I awoke Sunday evening around 6ish ( I work 3rd shift I am not a slacker) and the 2nd step out of my comfortable queen size bed was met with soaked carpet....needless to say so were the rest of the steps. Went into the upstairs bathroom and that little hose that fills the tank had come loose and was overflowing the tank.....oh and the little flapper was not closing properly either to shut it off. I had been asleep for about 7-8 hours so you can imagine the amount of water that had passed through the floor into the downstairs area......lets just say it was not a pleasant sight. Got in touch with the landlords wife and she called and got in touch with the manager and she got in touch with the carpet guy who finally showed up around 9ish to suck some water out of the carpet. He was still working when I left for work Sunday night. Nice to live in a small town and know the guy personally who does the work so you can feel comfortable enough leaving it with him to lock up. Anyway left the a/c off today and opened all the windows to allow as much air passing through as posible. It was over 100 today so I slept downstairs with a ceiling fan and a very good box fan blowing on me and actually slept quite good considering the temp downstairs was in the mid 80s. ......mid 90s+ upstairs so that was out for sure. The mildew smell is definitely starting to come in now andhopefully they will come check the sheetrock again in the morning and maybe be able to do something about it if its dry enough.

I got tagged by my good friend Becca and none too soon....the old blog has been a bit slow and needing some help lately.

School meme
How many schools did you go to?
1 school district but two campuses.....kindergarten-8th at Deport and HS at Prairiland
Teachers nightmare or teachers pet
This really depends on which teacher you ask....for the most part I was not a nightmare ...(I think)
Did you have a label in school? (nerd, jock,etc)
I was a nerdish/jock I guess. Was 8th grade valdictorian and could have easily been the same in HS but didnt want to make a speech at graduation so I made sure to finish back far enough lol
Whats the biggest rule you broke in school?
We used to be late for class cause we were playing pool at the store down from the school.....actually had principal come get us a few times
Were you in any clubs or organizations?
I was in Spanish club for a few years (VP at that), was in FFA, was listed in Who's Who Among American High School Students for two years also woohoo
Did you have any nicknames in school?
When we started football in junior high i picked up the nickname Bulldog( repeat it now and we wont speak)....later lived up the nickname by bulldogging an opposing running back about 6 yards out of bounds on the track circling the field......got sent to the bus for that one.
Three subjects you enjoyed?
My favorite was always history followed by science and Spanish was definitely a blast but mainly cause we basically did what we wanted.
Three teachers who inspired you?
The most inspirational was my junior high history teacher Mrs Davis. She shared the same love of history as I did and made it fun to learn about. Another was Mr. Stout who was also my preacher at the small country church I attended. Those are really the only two who truly inspired me but others definitely left a mark.....and not all the time with a paddle.
Would you go back and do it over?
If I knew certain parts of my PRESENT life would remain the same.....my beautiful daughter mainly.....then there are parts of it I would definitely like a redo on. I would definitely be making that Valdictory speech at HS graduation and would have been deciding WHICH college to go to....you cannot change the past but you can make a new ending by changing the present :D
Any major fashion faux paus? Bonus for pics!!
No pics at this time as I feel that would make me the ridicule of the blogger world......I will one day share my Biblical "coat of many colors" my mom or grandmother (cant remember which right now) made for me and I completed the ensemble with cowboy boots, a pith helmet and tank top. I was the FASHION KING. Sadly this was last year........JUST KIDDING. I did wear my share of courderoy and plaid pants back in the day lol
I think I will tag Sandy, Robyn and Nessa for this one.....anyone else wanna play just jump right in but leave me a comment letting me know so I can come laugh at you......errrr I mean with you.
Brad

4 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

Say it with me now girls........

Pictures, Pictures, Pictures...

Yes, we're definitely going to have to see pictures...

Thanks for playing sweetie, fascinating read!

4:50 AM  
Blogger Robyn said...

Awww, tagged again... lol =) K I'll do this tomorrow. =)

That sucks about your carpet.. Wanna hear my wet carpet story?
We had a St. Bernard. It was storming outside so we put her in the laundry room for the night. Bout 6 hours into the night we hear "splash spalsh" so we get up to investigate. Roxy (the dog) had knocked the hose out of the pipe that the water from the washer drains out into.. so the entire washer full of water drained into the floor instead and creeped into my room and the carpet.. This was one week after we moved in mind you, didn't wanna callthe ladlord and ne like Ok our dogs' already fucking things up cuz they weren't real thrilled about how big she was to begin with so we pulled up the carpet and laid it outside and got like 7 fans to dry out the padding.. Much fun let me tell ya.. lol
At least you're not alone huh? hehe

9:36 AM  
Blogger Robyn said...

I didn't know you had a daughter.

10:31 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

Thanks for the tag. I will fulfill it next week.

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home